RC Enthusiast

More ground clearwance for snow running?

Just wondering if I put on the long travel rockers will that gain me more ground clearance? going to put in the stiffest springs too. Already moved to the inner hole on the arm. Got the stock rockers on now.

No not really.... Taller tires help & so will the Blue & silver springs with some preload.
    Playing in the snow you have a cover.??
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Im not sure if LT Rockers are supposed to be used with the inner hole on the a arms.
    Tekin powered E-Revo

You are correct they are not supposed to, should be used in the middle, but you still can it is just harder on the drive shafts...

RC Enthusiast
    Ya i got a cover. I built a little roll cage over the summer and it doesn't allow the cover to come completly down in the front so I'll take the cage off to allow that. Figure if I crash now it'll be in soft snow so I can do without the cage. I chained up some talon tires, I thought about zip tying some extra tires i got to the talons to make it float on the snow better. That would be neat.

Snow chains are fun.....AAAaaaaa........
    Your snow must be pretty deep. I have about two drifts..........lol

RC Enthusiast
    We got about a foot up here south of syracuse, ny. wind blew like crazy, couldn't drive on the drifts yet but wait for a "warm" day and cold night, then in the morning it should be hard, that would be a riot! Gotta gear up a bit i got it at 68 by 14, need more speed maybe 68by 18 will do it.

you are running 2/2s geared 14/68....gear that baby up like 18/54 the supplied gearing.........but the 18/68 is a good start...

RC Enthusiast
    I had it around there, I liked 22/54. but thought with the extra weight and such i would gear er down, went toooooo far LOL. I may try that 18/54 or 58. need more speed to get through the deep spots! Wouldn't want a piece of chain to come off at speed and poke me in the EYE! Merry Christmas all!!

RC Qualifier

More ground clearwance for snow running?

To answer the op, yes. Installing the LTs give you quite a bit more suspension travel. Moving the rod to the inner hole gives you even more travel. . And if you crank the preload, you can sit really high above the snow. This is exactly what I do for winter driving on snow where suspension isn't key.

RC Champion
    Slap on some HPI Goliath tires on there and that will give you a whole lot of ground clearance not tomention enough rubber to climb over most things with ease.

RC Enthusiast
    Checked out those tires! WOW ! wide and tall, definitly be a good snow tire!!