RC poster

can i use a new specktrum dx3c on my new revo

hi guys can someone help me out i have just purchased a new revo 3.3 tqi and the wife has got me a new spektrum dx3c for crimbo , can i bind these together without changing anything or do i need to buy parts please

RC Racer
    Just take out the Traxxas receiver and install your new one. No extra parts needed. .

RC poster
    thank you will try to do it myself when i get my new radio thanks ,, john

RC poster
    its a no the revo has a reciever of 5 channel with 2 channel 1s as it has 2 steering servos , the dx3c has a 3 channel reciever with it , so i am not sure how to do this ?? or to set it all up

RC Champion
    get a Y- Connector.. and use that going into your receiver steering channel slot and plug each one one of the servos into the Y... but you should seriously consider picking up a single steering servo.
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Racer
    Only channels you need is the channel 1 for steering , 2 for throttle, and 3 for reverse. You revo steering servos should already have the Y connector installed. The other channels on the Traxxas receiver are for the telemetry options. Like for the rpm's, speed, temp sensors.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ausher1880 View Post
    Only channels you need is the channel 1 for steering , 2 for throttle, and 3 for reverse. You revo steering servos should already have the Y connector installed. The other channels on the Traxxas receiver are for the telemetry options. Like for the rpm's, speed, temp sensors.
    The revo most likely has both steering servos plugged into the 2 channel 1 ports on the traxxas reciever.
    A y cable is all you need to purchase, $3-6 at your local shop.
    That is what I did with one of my Revos that had dual servos.

The telemetry items have their own ports and don't use the 1,1-5 ports.
    Last edited by Zepher; 12-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC poster
    thank you zepher that is the same system i have i will try that thank you

RC Racer
    Ah OK my mistake. I thought he was including the telemetry ports as a channel, but the receiver that comes with the spectrum will drop right in. Like I said all you need is channel 1,2,and 3. And get the Y connector for the steering servos.