RC Qualifier

Battery question

so I bought a couple of 2s lipos for the new summit and they fit in the battery box, but just barely. Anyway, it ran fine with one of them this morning but I'm wondering what you guys do with the balance connector wire? I"m afraid its going to get caught in the rear suspension. If I did it again, I would just buy the ones that fit better, but they don't ship from USA location.

Inside of the battery compartment in the vent area there is a relief at the top... that is where I shove my balance connector in. It was not easy the first few times, but now I don't feel it is that hard at all.
    I also have cut the door so my wires leave the box out the front, away from tires.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Inside of the battery compartment in the vent area there is a relief at the top... that is where I shove my balance connector in. It was not easy the first few times, but now I don't feel it is that hard at all.
    I also have cut the door so my wires leave the box out the front, away from tires.
    yours sounds different. mine barely gets in there. the wires are on one side of the battery at the back and the door just flexs over them at this point. Right now I put the balance connector in between the red and black wire and that seems to be working, at least for the current time when we aren't jumping and stuff. Still my son thinks its his mission to hit absolutely everything possible and nothing has gotten tangled up yet so hopefully its okay.

I found some pictures...

RC Qualifier
    ah okay, I think mine is a little tighter than that, but that could be a viable option, might look to put the battery in like yours as well with the wires in the front instead of coming out the rear.

The vent webbing can be cut out as well... keeping the connector out of the box if there is not room yet still out of harms way.

RC Competitor
    I had to Dremel my battery compartments for my LiPo's to fit. I tucked the balance wires between the motor and esc.
    Current labor of love.
    Traxxas Summit 1/16 VXL