Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    138

    New Summit owner

    Early X-mas for my son! He loves it!!!!!!!
    I installed my chained wheels on it so he could go through some good snow today!


  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria B.C Canada
    Posts
    5,227
    Very cool "dad" .....merry Christmas,he looks pretty happy


    Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Very cool "dad" .....merry Christmas,he looks pretty happy


    Sent using lipo power
    He was excited, although he wanted an iPod more................what???

    Anyway, had both sets of LiPo's charged up and we went out in the snow. I had installed my wheels with the chains on his and I have the Trenchers. He kicked my tail!!!!! Not even close. The chains are a huge upgrade even with the added weight!! I will have some videos soon.

    Another thing to note. I have my LVA's set at 3.5. When they started beeping, I stopped and checked them, they were reading 3.8-3.9. So I kinda know how to watch them now. They stopped beeping and I was able to drive for another 5 minutes minutes and they beeped again. They were just under load because sitting idle was still reading about 3.8. I'm guessing if they get to a solid beep, then it's time to stop.

    My son's has the LVD built in and he last about 10 minutes after mine first started beeping. Here's the deal with his though. Once his started to slow down, we brought them into the shop. His ESC was flashing red. When I tried to power it down, it wouldn't shut off. Now sure why. I blew all the snow off everywhere and took the dusty cover off, unplugged the cables, and then replugged them in. Then it started fine and was green light, and also shut off when I hit the button. Any ideas what was going on there??? The motor was pretty warm to the touch, but he had just been bashing through the snow for the last 10 minutes pretty hard.

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. JimmyNeutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alma, Michigan
    Posts
    12,291
    Sometimes my EVX2 does not shut down with a button press. Not sure why, but it works as it should otherwise after hours and hours and hours of use.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Sometimes my EVX2 does not shut down with a button press. Not sure why, but it works as it should otherwise after hours and hours and hours of use.
    Well, I just charged the batteries all the way up again and we went out again (had an absolute blast btw!!!). Jake tells me that it's starting to run slow, so I trade with him. Yup, it's running slow again, guessing the LVD has kicked in. Went to the shop, pulled the cover all, blew all the snow out from all the crevices all over and blew the dusty cover off. Tried to shut it down and it wouldn't shut down again. Flashing red like before. Had to unplug the cables. Not sure what's going on there.

    I am also very disappointed in the LVD. I thought this would be a nice feature, but I tested both batteries after I removed them and they were at 3.9 and 3.8. I understand that they will be lower under load, but this is ridiculous! I wish there was a way to change the LVD setting. Can I run it in non/LiPo mode and just add LVA's??? I really like the way mine is set up that way.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    989
    Sick present! You know kids though, they don't know any better.. Ipod pshh lol
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Yakima, Washington
    Posts
    1,434
    that car in the picture looks almost as big as he is
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14
    I also have a Summit with the LVD built in. I prefer to turn the built in LVD off and using an external LVD. I set it a 3.4 and it beeps when 3.4 is reached. Does not slow down. These external LVD are $5 ot $10 and, in my opinion, much better. The external LVD will fit in the battery tray with the battery (depending on the size of your battery).

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    21
    my traxxas slash 4x4 with venom brushless that does the same thing, when battery are low i cant turn of EVX2. BTW great gift i got my 4 year old one for Christmas, doing everything in my power not to give it to him early lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha-z View Post
    Well, I just charged the batteries all the way up again and we went out again (had an absolute blast btw!!!). Jake tells me that it's starting to run slow, so I trade with him. Yup, it's running slow again, guessing the LVD has kicked in. Went to the shop, pulled the cover all, blew all the snow out from all the crevices all over and blew the dusty cover off. Tried to shut it down and it wouldn't shut down again. Flashing red like before. Had to unplug the cables. Not sure what's going on there.

    I am also very disappointed in the LVD. I thought this would be a nice feature, but I tested both batteries after I removed them and they were at 3.9 and 3.8. I understand that they will be lower under load, but this is ridiculous! I wish there was a way to change the LVD setting. Can I run it in non/LiPo mode and just add LVA's??? I really like the way mine is set up that way.

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jamann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria B.C Canada
    Posts
    5,227
    Just for note.it is recommended to turn off the truck by unplugging the batts not the button.not totally clear on why but there it is.something to do with how it's wired internally.


    Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    Sick present! You know kids though, they don't know any better.. Ipod pshh lol
    No kidding......

    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    that car in the picture looks almost as big as he is
    It does doesn't it??

    Quote Originally Posted by heggie View Post
    I also have a Summit with the LVD built in. I prefer to turn the built in LVD off and using an external LVD. I set it a 3.4 and it beeps when 3.4 is reached. Does not slow down. These external LVD are $5 ot $10 and, in my opinion, much better. The external LVD will fit in the battery tray with the battery (depending on the size of your battery).
    I run two of the LVA's in mine and they work great. Might have to put them on my sons too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrty View Post
    my traxxas slash 4x4 with venom brushless that does the same thing, when battery are low i cant turn of EVX2. BTW great gift i got my 4 year old one for Christmas, doing everything in my power not to give it to him early lol.
    He will be very excited!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Just for note.it is recommended to turn off the truck by unplugging the batts not the button.not totally clear on why but there it is.something to do with how it's wired internally.


    Sent using lipo power
    Really??? Hmmmm, maybe it's a safety feature then?

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. JimmyNeutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alma, Michigan
    Posts
    12,291
    I would say that something is not right with the ESC... maybe a call into Traxxas will confirm??
    First stage with mine is about 3.6 after resting.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    138
    Yeah, I'll have to call and see what's going on.

    Jake getting some runs in with his new Summit!! These SPC LiPo's are phenomenal!


  14. #14
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Just for note.it is recommended to turn off the truck by unplugging the batts not the button.not totally clear on why but there it is.something to do with how it's wired internally.


    Sent using lipo power
    i had accidently enterd lipo mode turning it off and on by using the button, a call into traxxas because my esc was flashing red and green got me fixed up. the tech guy told me to just unplug the batterys when done, do not use the esc to turn it off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •