RC Racer

What do I need to replace here?????

So I was getting the trucks ready for tomorrow and I noticed it has a lot of play in the area indicated (see pic). Also needs a new boot. This is the front/lower part of the truck.

So my question is, what do I need to replace?? I didn't wanna tear it down because my son will be opening his Summit for our X-mas (yeah, a tad early) tomorrow morning and I wanna cruise around in the snow with him. Is this area like a ball joint and does anyone have any ideas on what I need to order, or do I need to tear it apart first???

Thanks!

Check to make sure the retainer on the outside of the hub is still tight. Im assuming you mean the carrier wobbles in and out?
    The blue plugs are sitting inside a retainer ring, possible it has backed out a bit. would leave a lot of play in the pillow ball.

(RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Competitor
    I've got the LT rockers on my Revo and all the boots are broken and I haven't had any problems.
    Last edited by NathanM; 12-21-2012 at 10:44 PM.

RC Racer
    Well, it's not broke yet, but it seems very loose.

as long as the retainer is still in there you should be able to tighten it back up.

I have a hex key set big enough, but im sure its the crown looking end on the Traxxas shock tool that can tighten the retainers.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    as long as the retainer is still in there you should be able to tighten it back up.

I have a hex key set big enough, but im sure its the crown looking end on the Traxxas shock tool that can tighten the retainers.
    It's 11PM, but I'm curious. I'm gonna head out and take a look

if there is in fact nothing broke but you have a bunch of play there, that's the only thing i can think of.
    I have had one randomly back out before.

Yes that is it snug it then back off just enough for free cycling of suspension and steering.could you have developed hub slop issue maybe?

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    if there is in fact nothing broke but you have a bunch of play there, that's the only thing i can think of.
    I have had one randomly back out before.

Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Yes that is it snug it then back off just enough for free cycling of suspension and steering.could you have developed hub slop issue maybe?

Sent using lipo power
    Yup, it had loosened up somehow. I snugged it up and then backed it off just enough so the suspension would work properly and it's perfect now. Thanks guys, much appreciated

As a side note, I can't tell you how much fun I have working on this thing. Maybe sounds weird, but it's half the fun in owning it. I just like tinkering on it!

Tinkering is half the fun

RC Racer
    Speaking of tinkering, I made my own clip holders and they turned out pretty cool. I had some old speaker wire laying around (even a transparent red). I looped the wire around back onto itself and then used shrink wrap on it. It's funny the stuff you can do with things laying around your shop!

Nice! I use the Dubro clips on most everything now. Paired with Dynamite bent clips. Works great