RC Enthusiast

Upgrading to brushless soon. What should I get?

I'm going to be upgrading to brushless soon and idk what I should get. Since you guys probably have experience with this I need some advice. The mamba monster 2200kv and esc combo or the ********* 2650 kv motor and an undecided esc. There is quite a price difference. The ********* motor plus an average esc that I'm undecided about will be around $150. If I was to buy a mamba monster motor esc combo I'd look for lightly used items on eBay and hope to get both for around $215. What is the preformance differences in these two systems? Which system will give a higher top speed and how fast is that top speed?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Depends if you want to run 4s or 6s. And what diff mods you plan on doing
    With the 2200 you can run 6s but it is tough on all the parts. Today I ran 53 in my revo on 4s so you will have plenty of power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Depends if you want to run 4s or 6s. And what diff mods you plan on doing
    With the 2200 you can run 6s but it is tough on all the parts. Today I ran 53 in my revo on 4s so you will have plenty of power
    What gearing did you run?
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    I'm thinking that I will run 4s. If I run 6s would I have to upgrade the car itself so it can handle the power? Isn't the only difference in the 3903 and 3908 the mamba monster combo?

RC Qualifier
    here,s another option i run the tacon 2150kv motor $60 the ezrun 150amp esc $83 shipped on 4s 24/58 gearing im geared high because i do alot of onroad driving and its a hand full to drive. for less then $150 its a really good brushless setup for the money
    Rustler 3s 550 2200kv
    emaxx 5s 2150kv

RC Enthusiast
    How is that setup compared to the mamba monster on 4s? Which one has higher top speeds with the 24/58 gearing? If its about the same I'd get the tacon system since its a lot cheaper. I have a 1/16 e revo vxl that I run 2 nimh batteries in series. Ideally if like to be able to keep up with that or just a little slower.

Top speed comes to gearing, then breaks down to if the power system can handle it...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    I would get the mamba monster if it was me.

RC Racer
    Was just looking at the new mamba monster 2 waterproof. I see that there are 2 different motors available but the price is the same....so what's the difference and which is the better option?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If its for a truck stick with the 2200

RC Racer
    Thanks. It's for my Emaxx. It's currently running the twin titans..

then 2200 motor will do just right. the 2650kv is a little high for KV on this truck. Brushless is going to be alot different than brushed what you have right now.
    DEU 8:18 ESV