Thread: What motor's?

Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

What motor's?

Hi Guys,

I know we all talk about prop pitches, lipo batteries and different ESC's. But does anyone know which motor is the best for our Spartans. I'm running the factory Castle Creations, 1800kv with 6s lipos.
    I have read various websites on high kv small prop or low kv and high pitch prop. but I'm really confused about which one we should be using for our Spartans.

http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/ElectricBoat/motor.php

I guess I should say. There is nothing wrong with my motor or it's performance, but guess like the rest of you, I always want more.

SydneySpartan

RC Enthusiast
    IMO the stock 1800kv is plenty for this boat on 6s with a 180esc..reason i say 180 it gives u more of a prop selection to choose from..stock esc doesn't like much over an x442..

RC Qualifier
    I have a lower kv 1600 motor but had a bigger canister, set-up will differ on each user, I hadn't try this motor due to our changed season this would be next year of experimenting.
    IMHO go with the one which your satisfied, don't based on people's choice, mainly the other issues is trim tab settings, drive lines, rudder etc.
    Experimenting is the best thing for you to do, it is a part of this hobby which you'll enjoy!.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Champion
    The stock motor and speed control on 6s using the stock plastic prop or even a metal equivalent, Octura x442 or Prather 215, will and should provide speeds in the low to mid 50's.

A much larger prop will induce torque roll as well as a motor with more torque. The weak link being, to achive more speed the stock speed control cannot handle the excessive current draw when using pops with more pitch or larger diameter than stock.

Beleive me, I have pushed the stock Spartans above and beyond the call of duty.

I have been very pleased with my two stock Spartans since the motors and ESC's were replaced by Traxxas.
    They both perform vey well .
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Dennis,

I just read up on Coils and Poles. I understand that an increase in Poles and Coils increases the amount of balance in motors as they become bigger in size, but this also increases the amount of energy required to spin the motor?

SydneySpartan