Hybrid View

RC poster

replacement parts

hey guys, I'm sure this is a repeat question but most parts from the 3.3 nitro also fit the BRUSHED e-revo correct? and also how do the alloy a-arms hold up to bashing?also do the 8 cell
    hump packs fit in the battery compartment, doesn't look it in pics.
    Last edited by rlew11; 12-21-2012 at 03:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The humps battery it won't fit, it should have the flat type, for the aluminum a-arms I didn't try it but I bash a lot my e-Revo still in good shape with the plastic stock arms, basically 5feet of drop off.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    most things do work. basically everything but the chassis, body and the diffs is the same. and the nitro specific parts like the transmission, ect. the center shafts on the nitro are shorter as the nitro is about 1.5" inches shorter.

id skip aluminum arms. they bend and will break after being bent and bent back a few times. go RPM on the arms if your running revo or summit shafts. stay stock if your running CVDs. RPM arms are know to flex enough to bend CVDs.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    most things do work. basically everything but the chassis, body and the diffs is the same. and the nitro specific parts like the transmission, ect. the center shafts on the nitro are shorter as the nitro is about 1.5" inches shorter.

id skip aluminum arms. they bend and will break after being bent and bent back a few times. go RPM on the arms if your running revo or summit shafts. stay stock if your running CVDs. RPM arms are know to flex enough to bend CVDs.
    The 3.3 Nitro and E Revo are the same length, only reason for the center shafts being different is due to the location of the transmission on the chassis.
    I just finished building my E-Revo brushless using parts from my bin of nitro Revo spares.
    I was about to install the 3.3 center shafts and totally forgot that the trans was mounted further forward on the E-Revo. My CVD's came today so I'll be putting those on tonight. My Lipos were supposed to arrive today, so I'm kinda bummed that I won't be testing the car tonight.

Everything on my E-Revo is from a Nitro Revo (except the Summit front Bumper, chassis, trans, and receiver box),
    Last edited by Zepher; 12-21-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    I promise you nitro is shorter. The slayer and revo are the same thing except body and arms, ect. The slayer is shorter then the e revo at the body mounts which are mounted the same location on the chassis.

The revo 3.3 I believe is longer then the original but still shorter then the e revo chassis.

My e revo body will not directly mount to my nitro revo chassis that I'm building a second e slayer on. The body mounts are closer together.

I can post a few pics if you would like.

RC Champion
    The slayer is the same length as the Revo 2.5, the Slayer Pro is the 3.3 length, that is why your E-Revo body won't fit.

post a few pics so I can see what chassis you have.

RC Champion
    Went to the garage to check and ya, you are right, the E-Revo is almost an inch longer than the 3.3.
    I had them side by side the other day but they looked the same length and I didn't try to swap bodies around, but tried it just now and they don't line up.

not sure what is up with my iphone, that is a crappy image.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    Went to the garage to check and ya, you are right, the E-Revo is almost an inch longer than the 3.3.
    I had them side by side the other day but they looked the same length and I didn't try to swap bodies around, but tried it just now and they don't line up.

not sure what is up with my iphone, that is a crappy image.

Thanks for reply... Is that a old Parma body on the copper revo? Looks just like the one I had ony old revo

RC Champion
    not sure what body that is, it came on one of the 4 used Revos we bought 6 weeks ago.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    The slayer is the same length as the Revo 2.5, the Slayer Pro is the 3.3 length, that is why your E-Revo body won't fit.

post a few pics so I can see what chassis you have.
    Running a vantage chassis. Haven't been able to run it yet but I like that its super stiff. Slayer v2.0 needs a complete drive train between the diff and a front diff. And some JB weld on the front upper arms.

Is that a 2.5, a 3.3 and an E in that photo? You got the complete set!

RC Champion
    Yep, it's a 2.5, 3.3, and an E. The middle one originally had the 2.5 chassis, bought it with no wheels and motor.
    Bought a 3.3 chassis for it as well as the slayer receiver box and servo mount. Put a 3.3 in then a picco .26.
    We bought 4 Revos fully upgraded with picco motors and a huge lot of parts and decided to assemble a revo using the 2.5 chassis, grabbed all the parts and assembled it. Did the same with the E-Revo, bought a summit chassis, receiver box, front and rear bumpers, and assembled it using the nitro parts we have on hand.