Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    DOINK!

Are you using the venom multi connectors?
    Yes venom multi connectors

I pretty sure race88 just found your problem
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Those multi connectors have been known to have some problems working intermittently. Just about every one of those connectors that were used at my track, were changed out for either deans or traxxas connectors to fix problems sounding just like yours. Not sure if that is your problem as the packs work with the other system... Look closely at the connector on the vxl esc... the problem could be there.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    +1 venom connectors are junk it is the only connector I have ever felt that gets hot. Not good.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by race88 View Post
    Im sorry im running stock vxl3s esc and traxxas veliniom 3500 brushless motor and the first batteries listed will run system but others wont esc turns red signalling batteries are dead but there not dead as i placed back on balance board and there good then I place in a different brushless system (venom brand) and the batteries work
    does anyone elses light on the ESC turn red when dead when running LIPO just asking
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC poster
    I just picked up a new slash ultimate lcg and I'm running traxxas 3s 11.1 25c lipos. I was going to start a new thread but this one seems to be sort of the same issue I'm having. My yard is full of sand and salt from this weeks storm so I set it up and tested it inside. I turned it on and the esc was already green for lipos then I held the button and put it into 3 blinking red lights for training mode and I drove slowly and it stops running and the light is blinking red and only the servo works. I tried all 3 of the new batteries and in normal and training mode and the slower I go the quicker it goes into low voltage cut off. I called traxxas and they were great and said this is normal? Because I'm driving slow it causes motor cog and causes it to go into lvc. Just trying to find any info on this issue. Thanks

If i run a lipo with a vxl-3,it will blink red if it goes into lipo safe mode.But as soon as i unplug it and put in a fresh lipo,its bright green again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    does anyone elses light on the ESC turn red when dead when running LIPO just asking

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gso125 View Post
    I just picked up a new slash ultimate lcg and I'm running traxxas 3s 11.1 25c lipos. I was going to start a new thread but this one seems to be sort of the same issue I'm having. My yard is full of sand and salt from this weeks storm so I set it up and tested it inside. I turned it on and the esc was already green for lipos then I held the button and put it into 3 blinking red lights for training mode and I drove slowly and it stops running and the light is blinking red and only the servo works. I tried all 3 of the new batteries and in normal and training mode and the slower I go the quicker it goes into low voltage cut off. I called traxxas and they were great and said this is normal? Because I'm driving slow it causes motor cog and causes it to go into lvc. Just trying to find any info on this issue. Thanks
    Do you have a fan on the speed controller? if the light is blinking slow the battery is dead if it is blinking fast it's overheated.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdodge44150 View Post
    Do you have a fan on the speed controller? if the light is blinking slow the battery is dead if it is blinking fast it's overheated.
    I don't have a fan on the speed controller. It was blinking slow so it was going into lvc. All my batteries were brand new fully charged and balanced traxxas 3s 5000mah. I'm used to driving slow have had a lot of rock crawlers and probably due to gearing never had one go into lvc while creeping along. I had a stampede 4x4 last year I drove in the house never went to lvc. Took truck to a big parking lot today and bashed around and got about 20 mins each battery never went into lvc. So I guess I just can't drive it slow. Lol thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Well traxxas is great products but only logic I have came up with is that im over powering my esc as i have three red venom hard case batteries and the volts on the max burst is all well over 400 and Traxxas states that there esc accepts 320A only but I called them and they said that it shouldnt be doing that cayse it is fine but that I would never use that much battery so it should just run and use only whats needed but they say I have bad battery's but they all work in castle creations systems and venom systems etc... my other batterys that work in the stock system all show they are under 320A after studing lipo batterys from venom i noticed that green cased batteries have a lower max rating on the burst example: green lipo 30c max burst is 40 but a red venom battery with 30c is a max burst of 60c so this situation i have is either trail and error mix up or its true you can over power the esc and it shuts down etc
    Last edited by race88; 01-01-2013 at 10:32 PM.

I run my 5400 50C pack all the time with the VXL system and never experienced this problem. It's just plain weird.

I too run thunder power 5400mah 50c on my vxl-s with no trouble,and my castle side winder.
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    I run my 5400 50C pack all the time with the VXL system and never experienced this problem. It's just plain weird.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    ok please let me know your maxx burst rate amps on batterys so I may result to another reason to figure this out thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones5374729
    I too run thunder power 5400mah 50c on my vxl-s with no trouble,and my castle side winder.
    Ok yes i can run just about any batteries on my sidewinder also but cant on my stock esc vxl3-s please look at your batteries max burst rate under c rating and let me know it should read the A inside these symbols ( )
    Last edited by race88; 01-02-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Your max burst rate shud always be twice the c rating 50c=100c burst.
    At least that what i was thought.
    Out of my 21 battery's,1 being 3s, 1is venom red case 30c,max burst 60c.The other 19 all thunder power,from 35c to 65c,all have a max burst twice the c rating,Extremes,tp 35c=70c burst, 65c=130c burst.
    At least that's what it says on the cell pack.
    The reason most all my packs are thunder power,is I listened to all the kiddy's say get three cell for the power,I did they have power,but no track will let you run them in a slash,Venom,i just don't like. My venom pack has the lowest run time,worst out put for a 30c rated pack i ever seen.The rest are all thunder power,expensive ,yes,but I'll put my 35c tp against most,NOT ALL,45c rated packs ,and usually out last and perform them.
    I'm not rich,but will pay the long dollar for the better product,and in my opinion,for the dollar thunder power is the best.
    I could buy three or four spc's (witch seem to be a very good battery)for the price of one tp,but i'll buy the tp.
    Again that's just my opinion.