RC Competitor

How do you guys feel about the Xo-1?? Looking for Reviews is it worth the price??

i have an Xo1 and i have a erevo and honestly i use my erevo brushless alot more than my xo1 my problem is i just cant find enough long big smooth road for this type of car but it seems like it would be alot of fun if i did i know this sounds crazy to maybe some of you but i have went no more than 80 mph with the Xo1 just because i didnt want to run the risk of destroying my car to pieces but ill probably do the 100 mph eventually but 80 mph is actually really fast enough in my eyes but im just looking for some opinions on how you people who own a Xo-1 feel about it i actually thought about selling mine just because i havent used it much compare to my erevo or rustler please let me know your advice thanks

RC Champion
    i think you're in the same position many find themselves in. I believe the XO-1 to be a novelty item and hardly something you're going to fine use for...but at least you can say you own one...

RC Competitor
    yea that is true im very greatful to own one and i worked alot of extra hours at the job to get it lol... i just wish i could use it more often do you own a Xo-1?? if not what Rc's do you own and use frequently?? just really wanted to see if the Xo-1 is worth having in peoples eyes

RC Racer
    Not worth it unless if you have the right place to drive it.

RC Racer
    I have three xo-1 with different setup and purposes for each. I think its the best on-road out their. I have had experience with 1/16 traxxas mustang, Hpi Sprint Flux, Hpi rs4, Ofna gt2. The xo-1 design is really easy work on and maintaince its a breeze. I really recommend it.

RC Racer
    If you can truly afford it, buy it. You don't have to make 100 MPH speed passes to enjoy this thing. I have never been past 92 MPH as I still have to find a place to run the 100, but it is fun nevertheless. If your budget doesn't allow such a large purchase, there are plenty of other things that are fun, too, at a much lower price point. For example, I also bought a gently used HPI RS4 nitro road car for $175 that goes 75 MPH (via re-gearing and tweaks), and it is pretty fun, too. I run the nitro car while the XO-1 cools down between passes. I am 48 years old, and have a big budget to buy what I want, but I still hate to waste money. I am glad I bought this, though.

RC Qualifier
    I've had more fun modifying this car than any car I've ever had. Once you have an XO-1........you can burn all your other cars.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Qualifier
    While the XO-1 is extraordinarily fast, its large size also makes it stable at lower speeds; just carving through a street or parking lot below 50 is easier with its larger size, higher weight, and extra ground clearance over, say, a standard 1/10th scale electric touring car. It will never be as capable or versatile as a monster truck like a Stampede, Maxx, or Revo, or even a stadium truck like the Rustler, but as far as on-road cars go it's a sweet model.

RC Qualifier
    if I didnt have a brand new roller sitting with a XL2 esc next to it I prob would of never sold it , that said I crashed mine plenty of times doing over 80-90+ and aside from breaking the A arms I never had an issue , and was the real first rc car Ive takin apart from the chassis up , but after so many hi speed crashes I feel as if the steering wouldnt center for life of me ended up selling for 200 less then I bought it . After bashing it for 9 months I dont feel like I took too much of a hit seeing as others are having hard time getting 600 for theirs lately
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    "but after so many hi speed crashes I feel as if the steering wouldnt center for life of me'

A $1,000 car should not have a $30 servo with plastic gears. I installed a titanium geared high-torque digital Hitec servo and it is like a new car. Centers brilliantly!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BSC View Post
    "but after so many hi speed crashes I feel as if the steering wouldnt center for life of me'

A $1,000 car should not have a $30 servo with plastic gears. I installed a titanium geared high-torque digital Hitec servo and it is like a new car. Centers brilliantly!
    Agreed. As soon as I receive mine, batteries go on the charger and servo will be upgraded in the meantime.

RC Enthusiast
    I put the mamba system on my Traxxas Rustler so i can hit high speed or I can run offroad just got to do a little modding but it was worth it..It may not be AS fast as an xo-1 but I bet i can give one a run for its money!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Attila2984 View Post
    I put the mamba system on my Traxxas Rustler so i can hit high speed or I can run offroad just got to do a little modding but it was worth it..It may not be AS fast as an xo-1 but I bet i can give one a run for its money!
    you probably right , but ill take a broke down xo-1 over a mamba powered rustler anyday . I had 2 rustlers and and 2 xo-1 . you cannot compare them

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    I've had more fun modifying this car than any car I've ever had. Once you have an XO-1........you can burn all your other cars.
    Does that include the Traxxas Funny cars!!!
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-08-2013 at 02:48 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Your right Im sure but Im still proud to own my mamba rustler nobody around here where i live mods anything, I like changing it up and trust me i wish i could spend 1,000 dollars on an xo-1 but seems a little much for me.

RC Racer
    You need to keep your eyes open. 3 weeks ago a NIB Xo-1 went for $740.00. A couple days ago another NIB one went for $750.00. Wish I could of got mine that cheap but mine weren't that far off of these. Check out evilbay once in a while. I would never pay $1000.00 for one of these.

RC Qualifier
    I paid $1100 , probably have spent $500 just in dumb parts and replacements and sold it for $800 with a brand new painted body and extra basher body plus extra chassis and my gensace lipos those cost me $100 but at the end of the day selling it for 800 was enough just to get rid of it because of all the abuse it took lol . have brand new one parted sittin and debating to hook it up or sell it

RC Enthusiast
    I want to get one sometime but I dont have an ipod device to unlock it..wonder why you gotta have the app to unlock it anyway? could you just use the castle link and do it that way? or do you HAVE to use an apple device?

RC Qualifier
    I'm glad I bought my XO-1. I paid 9 hundred something for it.
    So the positives:
    The car really does do what Traxxas claims it does and it does it remarkably well. I don't know of any other RC that you can take out of the box and with minimal adjustments (that do not require aftermarket parts), cruise for multiple miles at 80 mph plus. I have over 70km of sustained hi speed and full throttle blasts on it's odometer (GPS) and the thing still runs and drives as well as a new full size super car would with 70 km on the clock. I've even managed to hold 16 seconds of full throttle/top speed without crashing. The XO-1 is the true definition of a novelty in the spirit of the expensive real super cars it emulates either as display piece or chewing up large chunks of real estate at triple digit speeds.

The negatives:
    If a person is all about hitting 100 plus with it then one must realize that it does have small wheels and only around 1/2 an inch clearance thus requires a surface that's almost perfect. Not perfectly perfect but close. This limit's most people because quite frankly there really isn't too many public places smooth and long enough to pull it off without destroying the car or something else. I'm blessed with places to take it to speed easily, that's one of the reasons I bought it.
    A negative thing (for me anyways) was having to go get an I-pod to finish the package. Now I have an I-pod that sits in the controller 365 a year because I could care less about apple or "apps". Not to mention the usual internet grief of setting up accounts and downloading an app (multiple times required) to get the car unlocked. I'd have rather paid the extra money wasted on ipod to have the car just come with a controller that already has an integrated color display for the telemetry. No apps.
    Another minor issue was the speed sensor was shot right out of the box. So no speed display. Don't really care however as I'd rather just use gps to know how fast it went. It's more accurate. The only thing in telemetry I find useful is the thermometer. Even though I have exceptional places to run the car it's only for 5 months a year because the other 7 months of winter cover up all the preemo pavement.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Enthusiast
    I found it cheaper to build the XO-1 from the ground up, I have almost a roller and paid about $175, it needs wheels and hubs to be a roller, it shouls take about another $200 to put it on the road....

RC Qualifier
    its only cheaper to build it from ground up if you have a spare motor/esc , servo and reciever , im sure most have 2 3S batts and the remote allready. But if you dont have atleast a big block motor in there you arnt gettin the full experience . Seein as theres some on ebay for $750 shipped cant beat a full ready to run with batts at that price