RC Enthusiast

Jconcepts # 0240 illusion slash 4x4 scalpel body and conversion kit for rally

Couldn't help myself and ordered this sweet new body and conversion kit and now the Gloc tyres will be for both rally and stampede. Down the bottom of link is video for rally.

Nice and low profile i think it looks great

Like the silver look

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=610
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

Thats pretty dope to do some road runnin... I think that body is a love it or hate it type body.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

I want one for my GTP2e... but if it wont work there it will just force me to buy a Rally
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I want one for my GTP2e... but if it wont work there it will just force me to buy a Rally
    LOL. Perfect man! It's a win, win situation then. Order it up

And yeah I agree LooT, it's one of those bodies. I would like to see it with other paint jobs etc... Aint diggin that pic from Jconcepts at all.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Only thing i need to do some measuring on is if it will clear the front bumper (or how much i have to modify the front bumper on the ofna to make it fit).

Those rims they run this with are a large offset too, what is the actual width of this body at the wheels? Guess that is my other concern. Not as easy to widen the GTP2e a whole lot.

I actually kinda like the design of the paint job on that body. There is the other paint scheme they have too in the "rally" video, that looks much better still.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    The rims/wheels from stock photo are 2.8 rulux for pede, p4de, rusty, slash, sl4sh. Same offset as stock front electric, maybe that could help you future the front width. Oh.... tower has most body dimensions listed under that product, click the spec tab.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    The rims/wheels from stock photo are 2.8 rulux for pede, p4de, rusty, slash, sl4sh. Same offset as stock front electric, maybe that could help you future the front width. Oh.... tower has most body dimensions listed under that product, click the spec tab.
    didn't even think of that, i don't buy from tower all that often. Sure enough they do and it "should" fit for my application.
    I have intention of buying a Rally at some point anyways so it wouldn't be the worst idea on the planet for me to buy one of these bodies

FWIW:
    SPECS: Length: 21.3" (542mm)
    Width: 9.4" (240mm) behind front wheels, narrowest point
    12.6" (320mm) at rear wheels, widest point
    Height: 5" (127mm)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I cant figure out for the life of me why youd need to buy their bumper/mount setup. Once its installed it looks nearly identical to the stock bumper. Its not necessary for the body fitment, I know that... but maybe for front wheel clearance? I cant see wasting the money on those parts if your starting with a rally.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

yeah i kinda questioned that too, figure its a foam contour against the body, or maybe for tire clearance. But you are right, the rally already has a bumper there, if anything trim the foam as required?

But you do need to change the posts out for proper fitment.
    Last edited by Cameron; 12-22-2012 at 11:12 AM.

The scalpel body was out a few weeks ahead of the Rally, maybe Jconcepts was in the dark about the rally's release?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    ^^ I think thats probably right, they built the bumper to convert a slash, but why would they include the bumper installation in the "rally" video. Thats my question. The guy takes a foam bumper off and puts a different back on. Seemed pretty redundant to me. Still, I like the looks of the whole setup with the Glocks... but I think its better suited to a slash 4X4... then its still at truck... Im picky about this stuff though.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Im just hoping i can make it work on my GTP2e as well haha.

I think they may have shown the bumper replacement on the Rally as well for continuity. But it really doesn't look like it needs to be done. Change the posts and tires and be done with it.

I agree Pave, I just can't see, or even think of a drifter truck or rally truck that has been built in the 1:1 world. I remember reading, watching vids ..... before the rally was talked about, simply because of the things I could do with the bumper lol. To bad it didn't get released till after traxxas Rally, that had to kill the sales on the front bumper conversion. It was advertised, like you said Paved, for slash, as a speed conversion. The also had writer, you needed the conversion bumper...... I think its all been reposted on the site these days.
    Ya, that vid your talking about, really worked against them in my opinion. People want a "plug n play" everything, swapping bumpers and bodies, wheels, these are things we do to feel a whole new set up and look. It seemed to make more work than one would be willing to go through. If you set a slash up for speed runs, theirs far to much to many changes to make to just flip the set up for offroad. Oh ya.....forgot to add, All examples of the truck I've seen are on standard 2wd-4wd chassis also. Very few peeks up in the body but it all predates the lcg.

RC Enthusiast
    Will be spewing if that bumper conversion isn't needed as I ordered it thinking it was necessary since it was in the video, I thought that maybe it was I bit wider and longer. I will be asking the question if it rolls up and is not needed. Bloody rally is wrapped in Xmas paper in front of me and I'm not aloud to open it talk about a tease and the stampede is off the track with a broken bulkhead after a jump and went head on into concrete step even split the driveshaft it was a eye watering moment.
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Stuck the Glocs on yesterday for a look she looks mean with the wider stance, can't wait for the body
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Qualifier
    SWEET looking body man! I like it! Post pics when it's painted!
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC poster
    Meh no thanks

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by emery67 View Post
    Will be spewing if that bumper conversion isn't needed as I ordered it thinking it was necessary since it was in the video, I thought that maybe it was I bit wider and longer. I will be asking the question if it rolls up and is not needed. Bloody rally is wrapped in Xmas paper in front of me and I'm not aloud to open it talk about a tease and the stampede is off the track with a broken bulkhead after a jump and went head on into concrete step even split the driveshaft it was a eye watering moment.
    Is the jconcepts bumper conversion needed or does the stock rally foam bumper fit? Thanks in advance.

RC Racer
    I've been running the Scalpel body, GLocs and front bumper on my 4x4 Slash for a couple of weeks now. It's awesome. I've been running 3cell with 54/19 and this body sticks to the ground awesome and drives nice. It has not flipped or tried to grab air one time. Again, awesome. I'm in the process of building 2 more and have ordered custom painted bodies from a painter on eBay. Can't wait to get them done and run them. 2 thumbs up for the JConcepts conversion for me. (sorry i don't have a Rally to compare the foam bumper).

Last edited by JussBad; 02-21-2013 at 11:43 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rd1201 View Post
    Is the jconcepts bumper conversion needed or does the stock rally foam bumper fit? Thanks in advance.

not that much thicker

not much wider

I havnt fitted it yet but lining it up with the rally bumper yes it is thicker than the rally and i little wider but without putting it on yet i would so no its not needed. Hope this helps
    Last edited by emery67; 02-26-2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: added pics
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Enthusiast

the front end scraps when turning but nothing a few packs won't wear out, like the wide stance..
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Racer
    Just got these bodies in from a painter on eBay. They look awesome on the chassis. I'll post more pictures if anyone wants to see them. I'll video soon too. My son and I really like the looks of these bodies and they hug the ground well. We have these mounted on new LCG Rally Chassis.

RC Enthusiast
    They look great Jussbad.. Linkto painter. please
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by emery67 View Post
    They look great Jussbad.. Linkto painter. please
    Here ya go.
    http://stores.ebay.com/ZielkeRacing-...p2047675.l2563

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Jussbad
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Champion
    I really like this body. We need more variety with the rally bodies! Does anyone know if the new bumper is needed?
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Competitor
    Do you think I could trim the body to fit 1/8 wheels. I am looking for a body to make speed runs. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Champion
    buggy wheels would fit without cutting I would think
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Learo2000GT View Post
    Do you think I could trim the body to fit 1/8 wheels. I am looking for a body to make speed runs. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I have a few sets of road tires, one set off of an ofna gtp2e is the same diameter as the glocs and my hpi wheels with road rages are about 1/2" taller, 1/4" top and bottom.
    Should fit but will be maybe 1/2" inset more than the glocs on the Rulux wheel.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC poster
    Hi Guys,

Its been a while, but I just wanted to update you guys on my Scalpel Mods. I found the equipment very good, but with the power I had going, I decided to go a step further.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

At the moment this is the mods in the car...
    Traxxas Slash 4X4
    Traxxas Slash 4x4 Sway Bars
    Castle Mamba Max 2200KV
    Robinson Racing 38T Spur Mod 1
    Robinson Racing Hardened Steel Pinions Mod 1 – Various Sizes (20T in place)
    KingHeadz Motor Aluminum Motor mount
    Carbon Fiber Motor Mount
    Big Dragon Motor Fan
    Pro-Line Pro-Trac Front and Rear Arms
    Pro-Line Power Stroke Adjustable Shocks Front and Rear
    Pro-Line Pro Pulls
    Pro-Line Slash 4x4 Undertray
    Tekno M6 Driveshafts with 6mm Wheel Shafts Full Kit Front and Rear
    Traxxas X0-1 Wheel and Tires
    Traxxas X0-1 17mm Hex Hubs (sanded down to fit tekno shafts)
    J-Concepts Scalpel Body
    J-Concepts Scalpel Body Front Bumper
    Venom 3S 5000MAH 45 x2
    MaxAmps 3S 6000MAH 100C x2
    MaxAmps 4S 6500MAH 120C

On 3S this vehicle is a great fast vehicle to drive, on 4S you need very good concentration, on 6S you feel like a God just came to play with the humans for a day!!! Still I know I need to get Video and radar Gun this thing going all out on all 3 battery Versions.

RC Champion
    Could one of you guys measure the width of the body for me? I need a measurent of the body width right in the middle.

Jeremy
    Jeremy