RC Qualifier

3.3 jato rear screw grinding tranny gear

so where the battery pack mounts inside that case that the wheelie bar mounts to. the screw that holds that case on from inside the tranny(what were you thinking traxxas????) well lets just say that screw came loose and the vibration made the two tiny screws that tighten from the inside of that box to come loose and my a arm pin came completely out when i was driving it. is there anything that i can do to prevent this from happening when i get new parts cuz they are all stripped and wont tighten anymore. so i need a new rear tranny cover and battery box. is there anyway that i can not have that screw and box on the rear of my truck to help keep this from happening?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Competitor
    Funny i was just trying to remove my battery box 1hour ago and could figure out how to unscrew that screw

RC Qualifier
    there are two screws right above where the sway bar goes on and then take out the four screws underneath and that whole peice should come off the tranny.

does it help if you dont have the battery box mounted on the rear? from stripping these screws out?

anyone ever have this problem before? have a way i can fix it?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-01-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: post merge
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Use threadlocker or superglue?

RC Qualifier
    the two upper screws are so stripped out i dont want to chance that i put it back together and it just brake again. i might get a aluminum rear diff cover and just put the regular bumper on the rear and mount the battery pack in the center compartment. has anyone ever had this problem before me? i know someone has tell me what you did to fix this problem.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    just put a nut on the outside
    http://www.facebook.com/RCDrags

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    the two upper screws are so stripped out i dont want to chance that i put it back together and it just brake again. i might get a aluminum rear diff cover and just put the regular bumper on the rear and mount the battery pack in the center compartment. has anyone ever had this problem before me? i know someone has tell me what you did to fix this problem.
    I personally suggest having a battery pack in the centre. It's a pain to access, but for handling, it's totally worth it.

Most Integy products are poor performance, but I bought their billet tranny case, and I stand by it. I stripped out 2 tranny cases before, and the billet one is solid as!

RC Qualifier
    mind reader does that tranny case from intgy come with that rear tranny cover that the rear bumper mounts too?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...1#.UOTRjHeB2Hs

It's the tranny case including diff cover. Is that what you're talking about?

RC Qualifier
    yea they are completely sold out i can't even find one on different sites, and i will post a pic of the piece that i stripped out, and is it better to have a hump pack instead of the AA batts? and is the 7055 stock servo good enough is i upgrade to a hump pack?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    the two top screw's like the one my thumb are on are completely rounded out becuz the screw sticking through the back from inside the tranny case stripped out the rear batt case and then led to those two top screws having all that wieght on them so ya is that piece included in the intgy tranny case?[IMG][/IMG]
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Yep, that's your diff cover, part of the tranny case. The only thing about using metal screws into a metal hole, is you'll need to use thread locker, otherwise they can vibrate loose. Just a very weak threadlocker though.

RC Qualifier
    yea they are completely sold out i can't even find one on different sites, and i will post a pic of the piece that i stripped out, and is it better to have a hump pack instead of the AA batts? and is the 7055 stock servo good enough is i upgrade to a hump pack?
    I prefer the flat packs, and have it in the centre. The battery pack in the rear affects the handling in a negative way IMHO.

RC Qualifier
    i was gonna get the venom 6.0v 1500mah, would that fit in the middle? and i was gonna run just the bumper in the rear.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    and hey mind reader, i have thread locker but its factory team thread lock adhesive, will that work? i wanna buy that aluminum tranny case if that comes with it but i cant find any...
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    i was gonna get the venom 6.0v 1500mah, would that fit in the middle? and i was gonna run just the bumper in the rear.
    Honestly, the Traxxas ones last for aaaages, and are a guaranteed fit.

RC Qualifier
    and hey mind reader, i have thread locker but its factory team thread lock adhesive, will that work? i wanna buy that aluminum tranny case if that comes with it but i cant find any...
    I coudln't find much about it online, but it should be fine.

I used an extremely effective threadlocker (I used it on motorbike exhausts), and ended up stripping the bolts, and I couldn't remove them with pliers either.

RC Qualifier
    i actually stripped out a bolt on my slash 4x4 and ended up buying a new chassis cuz i got mad and dremmel came out next thing i know my chassis is in half , i fixed the issue though about the diff cover. the stock screw that comes out of the diff cover is 3x12mm button head screw, so i got a 3x20mm button head screw and some nuts to go on the end and i screwed the diff cover onto the rear battery case and tightened the nut on the end, if that comes off i again i am getting rid of this truck lol. i shouldnt have any problems now, i will just have to keep an eye on those screws and make sure its not coming loose on me. when i first bought it i thought that it was pretty loose but didnt think anything of it, you live and you learn i guess haha, thanks for all the help man and thanks for the nut idea jack! IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE ON THIS TRUCK THAT I NEED TO WATCH OUT FOR BEFORE I GET INTO ANOTHER PROBLEM LIKE THIS?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    i actually stripped out a bolt on my slash 4x4 and ended up buying a new chassis cuz i got mad and dremmel came out next thing i know my chassis is in half , i fixed the issue though about the diff cover. the stock screw that comes out of the diff cover is 3x12mm button head screw, so i got a 3x20mm button head screw and some nuts to go on the end and i screwed the diff cover onto the rear battery case and tightened the nut on the end, if that comes off i again i am getting rid of this truck lol. i shouldnt have any problems now, i will just have to keep an eye on those screws and make sure its not coming loose on me. when i first bought it i thought that it was pretty loose but didnt think anything of it, you live and you learn i guess haha, thanks for all the help man and thanks for the nut idea jack! IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE ON THIS TRUCK THAT I NEED TO WATCH OUT FOR BEFORE I GET INTO ANOTHER PROBLEM LIKE THIS?
    I have broken every part of my truck. Not because of poor quality, but poor driving, haha.

RC Qualifier
    when i got the truck, the top plate where the gas tank and steering servo mount, the screw that mounts that plate onto the front bulkhead was broken and the throttle servo was lifting that plate up and down cuz of the torque when i was using the throttle or brake. so i had to completely rip the entire truck down to replace that top plate. i love ripping into these trucks and just taking them apart and putting them back together again. hey mind reader, are we the only ones on this website that own jato's?!?!?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Nope, a lot of people don't post often though, haha.
    There are some seriously cool Jato's posted up here from time to time, but after a certain period of time, threads are deleted.