Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 59 of 59
  1. #41
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    4,944
    Your new truck looks the bomb dude enjoy...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I hope you like your new pede dude and just replace stuff when it breaks and enjoy fixing her when she needs an overhaul ..peace
    I really like the color man. I see too much red and black stampedes in youtube. I want blue and black for a change. Will do some light mods after a few months of bashing.

    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Your new truck looks the bomb dude enjoy...peace
    Thanks man!

    I was so excited that when I saw the charger turn green, I immediately did the set up and did a test run in front of my house at 1 AM with 37 deg Fahrenheit weather! LOL. ****, the truck is fast! I'll do more runs tmrw.

  3. #43
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. BaldyDaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    3,259
    Glad to hear it man! Youre not going to want to wait for that charger to turn green for very long, it gets old fast when having to wait for so long. Charger upgrade will be the first order of business! Have fun man.







    Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

    P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

  4. #44
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Glad to hear it man! Youre not going to want to wait for that charger to turn green for very long, it gets old fast when having to wait for so long. Charger upgrade will be the first order of business! Have fun man.







    Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

    P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Thanks man!

    Btw, when the lipo 2s has drained, what is the shortest time for me to get it charged for me to use it again without waiting for the led's to turn green? The manual says that I have to wait up to 7 hrs to get it fully charged. That's just too long if you ask me.
    Last edited by stampede_fanatic; 12-28-2012 at 01:07 PM.

  5. #45
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    970
    You really should charge it completely. Not sure if the stock charger has a balancer, but either way a new charger is not a want, it's a necessity.

  6. #46
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    4,944
    Dude if you think 2s is fast wait until try a 3s it will blow you away but make sure you and your truck is ready for the power...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  7. #47
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    You really should charge it completely. Not sure if the stock charger has a balancer, but either way a new charger is not a want, it's a necessity.
    Since it has a balancer, what does it mean? I'll get a new charger in a few months or so. Just want to keep bashing for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude if you think 2s is fast wait until try a 3s it will blow you away but make sure you and your truck is ready for the power...peace
    I'll practice with the 2s first before moving on to the 3s.

  8. #48
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    970
    It keeps the cells balanced at the same voltage in case in charges or discharges quicker than the other. I couldn't bash for only 30 min / day. Hope you get that charger soon, or another battery.

  9. #49
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. BaldyDaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    Since it has a balancer, what does it mean? I'll get a new charger in a few months or so. Just want to keep bashing for now.


    I'll practice with the 2s first before moving on to the 3s.
    Your 2s lipo is made up of 2 individual cells. These cells must be kept at the same voltage to ensure the prolonged health of the pack. Balancing simply means that the charger will even out both cell voltages while charging up the pack. For the longest runtime possible and to ensure the pack is fully balanced, you will want to charge the pack completely before running it.

    Good plan on staying with 2s for now. Your truck will need a good bunch of upgrades before going to 3s. 3s lipo in a bone stock truck is great fun....for about 15mins, then there will be a lot of down time while it drains your wallet trying to get the truck strong enough to handle 3s on a constant basis.







    Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

    P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

  10. #50
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    It keeps the cells balanced at the same voltage in case in charges or discharges quicker than the other. I couldn't bash for only 30 min / day. Hope you get that charger soon, or another battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Your 2s lipo is made up of 2 individual cells. These cells must be kept at the same voltage to ensure the prolonged health of the pack. Balancing simply means that the charger will even out both cell voltages while charging up the pack. For the longest runtime possible and to ensure the pack is fully balanced, you will want to charge the pack completely before running it.

    Good plan on staying with 2s for now. Your truck will need a good bunch of upgrades before going to 3s. 3s lipo in a bone stock truck is great fun....for about 15mins, then there will be a lot of down time while it drains your wallet trying to get the truck strong enough to handle 3s on a constant basis.




    Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

    P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Thanks for the reply Slaughter33 and BaldyDaniels!

    I'll get used to controlling the car first before going 3s, but before the 3s I'll get the charger first. Mods will then follow in a few months time.

    Btw, what mods are required when running 3s?

  11. #51
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    964
    I really like the traxxas blue. Nice choice!
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

  12. #52
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Ma.
    Posts
    3,356
    Mods for 3s that will keep a p4de running smooth are, alloy slipper adaptor is a must, drive shaft upgrade is close to a must but a loose slipper will prolong the stock shaft life. An alloy motor mount will reduce heat, get one with a oversized bearing like kingheadz, hit racing has one with a oversized bearing but read the description cause they have 2 different mounts, standard bearing-oversized. Battery expansion kit, alloy hex set after a drive train upgrade will keep the rims from stripping. Trx esc fan if you still have the vxl and motor heatsink/fan combo also drop the temps. A hr motor plate has some built in heat reduction but not a must.. I think that's about it. Oh, if your running vxl when you go up to 3s, you'll need to get a couple pinions... 9t-11t for heat reduction and prolonged motor life. You'll still be faster on 3s with a smaller pinion though.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

  13. #53
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    I really like the traxxas blue. Nice choice!
    Thanks! Got to get a different color for a change. I see a lot of red/black and the black/silver on youtube.

  14. #54
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Mods for 3s that will keep a p4de running smooth are, alloy slipper adaptor is a must, drive shaft upgrade is close to a must but a loose slipper will prolong the stock shaft life. An alloy motor mount will reduce heat, get one with a oversized bearing like kingheadz, hit racing has one with a oversized bearing but read the description cause they have 2 different mounts, standard bearing-oversized. Battery expansion kit, alloy hex set after a drive train upgrade will keep the rims from stripping. Trx esc fan if you still have the vxl and motor heatsink/fan combo also drop the temps. A hr motor plate has some built in heat reduction but not a must.. I think that's about it. Oh, if your running vxl when you go up to 3s, you'll need to get a couple pinions... 9t-11t for heat reduction and prolonged motor life. You'll still be faster on 3s with a smaller pinion though.
    Nice! Thanks for the input man. If I ever need a mod list, I'll just come back here to see your post.

    I'm now planning on getting the following as my first "light mods":
    -->kingheadz motormount
    -->aluminium shock caps
    -->aluminium bearing adapters.

  15. #55
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Ma.
    Posts
    3,356
    If your gonna be tinkering with the shocks, I would highly recommend upgrading the shock shafts too. For a bit more $, get the tin coated shaft set! These are a smoother, much stronger shaft (gold in color) I've never bent one of them but I do have a bag full of recked, j hooked stock shafts. This +the alloy caps is as good as big bores in my opinion! Worthy upgrade for sure!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

  16. #56
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    If your gonna be tinkering with the shocks, I would highly recommend upgrading the shock shafts too. For a bit more $, get the tin coated shaft set! These are a smoother, much stronger shaft (gold in color) I've never bent one of them but I do have a bag full of recked, j hooked stock shafts. This +the alloy caps is as good as big bores in my opinion! Worthy upgrade for sure!
    What brand are those shock shafts? I will start tinkering with the shocks once the stock ones get old or break. I'm now planning on stocking up with things like alu shock caps, alu bearing adapters, RPM a-arms, and the shock shaft you mentioned. I just want to have a replacement part in case something breaks. It's like killing 2 birds with one stone. When something breaks, I actually mod the truck and replace the broken part at the same time!

    Btw, I created a new thread for less confusion. Here's the link: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ampede-4x4-vxl...
    Last edited by stampede_fanatic; 12-29-2012 at 01:51 PM.

  17. #57
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    4,944
    You are getting some sweet info of the guys here the tin shafts are traxxas parts no.1664 for the fronts and the backs are 2656....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  18. #58
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    You are getting some sweet info of the guys here the tin shafts are traxxas parts no.1664 for the fronts and the backs are 2656....peace
    I'm really fortunate to have members that are very helpful and informative.

    Thank you so much guys!

  19. #59
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    4,944
    No worries dude we are all here to help each other .......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •