Thread: jato 3.3 brakes

RC poster

jato 3.3 brakes

hi just brought a traxxas jato 3.3 and have readthat the brakes dont pull up very quick, so i want to get a twin brake system. can you please help me where to get one. thanks

RC poster
    Hot racing makes a good dual brake kit for the Jato.

RC poster
    Do you know if they just mount side by side?

RC Enthusiast
    I just placed a very small washer inbetween the screw head and the break on both screws holding the break together.
    This allowed me to tighten and loosen the break with the nob according to how strong i wanted my breaks.
    I can completely lock my wheels going full blast or i can ease it down a bit. Much more simple fix than buying new breaks.

RC poster
    the aluminium brakes are not very good they heat up and melt the surrounding plastic.so the dual standard brakes are the best.
    traxxas nitro

RC Competitor
    I need Help! I took my brake set up off when i changed my gear box and now my brakes don't work! I don't know what i am doing wrong reinstalled them the same way i took them off

RC Qualifier
    Process of elimination.

Is your servo pulling the brake arm?
    Is the brake arm pulling the block that pushes the brake pads?
    If the brake pads do close as the arm moves, probably need adjusting.

RC Qualifier
    Just remember, those 2 bolts that hold the pads in place, also control how hard the pads will close. If those bolts are loose, you will have poor/no brakes.

RC Competitor
    I tried all that is there a set up guide or install or uninstall guide?

RC Qualifier
    Not that I know of.

Did you lose the block that pushed the pad maybe?

RC Competitor
    So I just got back from my LHS and they did a little tweaking on the two brake pad screws and brakes work perfect now!

RC Competitor
    I bought a piece of hollow aluminum square stock the same size as the square piece that fits inside the transmission, I cut the piece maybe 1/16-1/8 longer and that made a world of difference! !! Locks up street fighters at full throttle. Replace the adjustment "spring" with a piece of fuel tubing for more positive engagement of the brake.....BOOM no more jato brake problems, im also running stock pads and disk.

RC Enthusiast
    On my Jato, I removed the stock brake linkage and used a lightly modified linkage from a T-Maxx. Just have to grind the blue post down some on the bottom to line the cam slot up. Shortly after doing this, however, I broke the stock disc. There's no LHS around here so instead of waiting 2 weeks for a part, I fabbed a new disc out of aluminum plate using a grinder and drill press. It's not the prettiest thing I've ever built, but it works great! Will easily lock up the tires if I want to. I also have fuel line in place of the spring on the adjustment end.

Pic!

Revo 3.3
    Jato 3.3
    1/16 E-Revo VXL

RC Qualifier
    Nice work RCNason!

I have found from experience, that the brake arm is normally in need of replacement, with an aluminum one. The stock plastic one flexes too much, and sometimes strips out.

RC Qualifier
    I did the HR duel discs and alloy horn and bell crank and fuel line instead of spring. It couldn't be better.It was a bit spendy but worth every dime.
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!