RC poster

Missing Batteries???

After many years of drooling, I finally bought my new Summit LiPo. All excited, everything unboxed, I have two Li-Po chargers, but NO Li-Po batteries. Where in the packaging would they normally be??

Not mounted in the battery trays
    Not in the charger boxes
    Not taped to the underside of the body
    Can't find any magical compartment in the packing styrofoam.

thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Where did you buy it from?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Online from Hobby Central, closed now, just trying to make sure it wasn't supposed to be in the box.

They should have been provided SEPARATELY.

Recent info from Traxxas:
    Factory-Fresh Power Cell Performance
    To assure you experience the full capacity, voltage, and performance we build into every Power Cell LiPo pack, the LiPo battery included with your model is supplied separately at the time of purchase. This makes certain you receive a pack that is “factory fresh.” You can even upgrade to a different Power Cell LiPo to suit your preference for capacity and voltage. See your participating hobby dealer for all the Traxxas Power Cell battery upgrade options. With Traxxas, Power Cell LiPo performance is a promise.
    However, the exact method by which they are to be delivered was not specified.

Amain quotes the above text.

Tower comments, "The LiPo batteries included with this vehicle are not included in the vehicle box. They are packaged in a separate box."
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-18-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    I was not asked, nor brought to my attention. My assumption was, since not mentioned on site, that they would be in the box with the truck. Simple call shall take care of this.

thank you for the replies

Let us know how it turns out!

RC poster
    Will do Jimmie.... I have been in and out of RC's for 25 years. Got out of electric when it was still Ni-Cd... Sold every thing I had for electric and went nitro. Have been wanting a Summit since they first came out, saw the Li-Po, and picked it up in blue. Time to relearn my nitro since it has been put up for 3 years, and learn Li-Po

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Let us know how it turns out!

Jimmie I am in the process of reading the FAQ's, but what is typical range on the new TQi 2.4?

Your story sounds similar to mine....
    Dad got me into electric back in the day of NiCd. Got fed up with poor power and poor run time, got into Nitro. Got fed up with constant tuning due to constant pressure changes where I live. One day they will run great, the next; not so much. Then heard about LiPo/brushless and it being affordable... spent the next 8 months learning before I bought a miniRevo and Mustang, then a Summit.

I did not do any range testing with the TQi when I bought mine...
    Here is my story:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...eutron-s-Build

But if it is anything like the TQ LINK, pretty much out of site.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 12-18-2012 at 11:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedeval03 View Post
    Jimmie I am in the process of reading the FAQ's, but what is typical range on the new TQi 2.4?
    I've had mine about 1/4 mile many times and still works.. for some reason I wanted to say that when I asked Traxxas they said 1,400 to 1,700 feet. Depending on batteries and condition.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedeval03 View Post
    Far enough.
    This is a signature.

RC poster
    1/4 mile??? WOW.. blows my old nitro T-Maxx set up away for sure then. Thanks for the replies folks.

RC poster
    as for my missing battery dilemma, I was their first Li-Po sale, and apologized put them on their way.

I'm glad it is working out for you. These new policies and products sometimes catch all parties a little off guard. It looks like you calmly and reasonably contacted the retailer. That doesn't always happen. When do you expect delivery?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    These new policies and products sometimes catch all parties a little off guard. It looks like you calmly and reasonably contacted the retailer.
    Tells me a lot about you in how you handled this, most of the time this is not done and why most feel customer service stinks.
    Always a calm approach gets more results than a hateful one. Good for you
    Endeavoring to persevere !