RC poster

Post Priority list for a new Rally

Looking to put a list together of the best upgrades for a Rally out of the box (that better be arriving Xmas morning). Of course I'd like to toss a MMP in it at some point. That's a want, I'm looking or a list of needs. From what I've seen, it looks like shock caps or new shocks would be 1st. Any suggestions or specifics would be appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    alumimum parts also
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC poster
    Figured I'd swap in aluminum parts when things start breaking but other than shocks I hadn't seen anything I'd expect to break quickly. If I can save $$ in the long run by putting aluminum in right off the bat rather waiting for a break, feel free to give specifics, I'm taking notes. Thanks!

RC Champion
    Aluminum Slipper Adapter a must, Aluminum Shock Caps. If you want a MMP and don't ever plan on running more than 3's Lipos. Save yourself a little money and grab a brandnew ET-3's from Ebay for less $. Maybe some tires/wheels as the stock ones wear quickly. Check out peoples build threads to see what others have had luck with when it comes to non stockers.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Champion
    When I bought my Rally, I bought the aluminum slipper adapter but I'm not sure how or where to install it?

Do you have a picture of where it goes?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Slipper adapter, I agree. But IMO there really isnt anything else you NEED to do if your going to just drive it like a rally car. If you plan to jump it and bash the crap out of it, youll need shock caps. You dont NEED new shocks... just the caps will suffice. Ive been running my Rally for a few months now and all ive broken is a rear carrier... I havent even taken the car apart to clean or maintain ANYTHING. Its been perfect. But it also hasnt been more than 8 inches off the ground either. Its been upside down but as a rally car, its VERY durable.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    I should have said jumping will definitely be in the mix and about 60% off-road bashing. I'll be sharing tires w/my xxx-sct (converted to 12mm hex so they'll fit Traxxas), I've already got a set of StreetFighters for road driving and some Bow Ties for more general use. Also, 3s would probably be my limit...maybe.

Thanks for the input, can I ask why the slipper adapter needs replacing?

RC Champion
    See to the left of the bearing, the black piece. That's the slipper adapter, install the aluminum one like shown in the diagram. When you tighten the slipper down, tighten it all the way down, not overly tight. Then back off about a 1/4 turn. Hope this helps Rob.

R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You need the slipper adapter because, by nature, the slipper generates heat. That heat is transferred into the surrounding parts. If the heat gets a bit high that slipper adapter can and does melt. The aluminum wont. Im not sure this is AS important on a rally VS a 4X4 slash or stampede, but why take the chance for a $5 part. Get the adapter, it also comes with a spare bearing. That bearing tends to be the first we wear out so having a spare is a good idea anyway.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    make sure it has a chassis.....

ok, this is an inside joke - I have been waiting on my chassis for over a month now, I'm upgrading a slash to a rally....I thought it was funny. Sorry for the off-topic post.

"Red"

RC Racer
    Bringing up an old thread, but im thinking about going with the HR Erevo Double Plate for my rally.. anyone know if this fits properly? Also.. Carbonfiber Shoes or Aluminum??

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostCreepr View Post
    Bringing up an old thread, but im thinking about going with the HR Erevo Double Plate for my rally.. anyone know if this fits properly? Also.. Carbonfiber Shoes or Aluminum??
    The double plate will fit, aluminum shoes are recommended by Traxxas with use of the mamba max motor, however HR carbon pads might work since the design is for an ERevo.

Post #96
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5445726

I use carbon pads...your slipper needs to be fairly tight tho.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Well I am going to fizz an old thread......

Lots of talk about upgrading to an aluminum slipper. I just got a rally and I thought it already comes with an aluminum slipper????