RC Racer

Replacing stock tires??

My stock tires had some decent sized cuts in the side of them so I decided to upgrade to Trenchers. I was just wondering how hard it is to remove the old stock tires and put new stock tires back on?? I do like the stockers compared to the Trenchers because they are softer tire and better for crawling (speculation only as I have not had a chance to try the new ones yet). Does anyone have any tips on replacing the stock tires on a stock rim (removal, gluing the new ones on, etc.)??

Here's the rig with new wheels and tires.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.ErPbyZtTTn0

With the price of just tires and the price of tires and rims already assembled, I would just go for the assembled.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.ErPbyZtTTn0

With the price of just tires and the price of tires and rims already assembled, I would just go for the assembled.
    You know, I was kinda thinking that myself. Just buy them all pre-assembled. I guess if I could get the water out of the ones I have, I could use them in dry weather only and not even buy different ones.

RC Qualifier
    Here is the trick I used to get the water out of my son's tires.......since he thinks his truck is more of a "boat" than a truck. LOL!!!!

Get a coat hanger and bend a 90 angle, about an inch from the end. And I would do this outside, for the smell?!?!? Take a torch or gas burner and heat the end that you bent red hot. Sear holes 180 from one another down the center on the tire. I did my hole’s 90 opposite of the factory hole drilled in the wheels, but I don’t think it matters. Do this on all 4 tires. Power the truck up and set it on something to suspend the tires of the ground (hold on to the truck) and hammer the throttle. The water will come flying out.

Just FYI.......don’t try to drill the tires (with a drill and bit) because the drill will grab the foam and you will end up pulling a huge chunk of foam out, causing a flat spot on your tire. Just saying!!!! LOL!!

IMO searing makes a clean hole.
    Last edited by BlackSheep800; 12-12-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Cant spell
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    wow nice tires and wheels would you tell me what is the name of it pls.

RC Competitor
    Pro-Line Trencher X

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanM View Post
    Pro-Line Trencher X
    Thanks Nathan, I wasn't around much this weekend.