RC Competitor

1st time out damage

Well, 25 mins in to running my new 'Pede i broke something..
    I was hitting jumps off curbs and hit a curb a bit faster and harder than i wanted, then landed but somehow broke the mounting tabs on the vxl-3s. Nothing else broke..very weird, but the design of the way the vxl-3s is mounted is weak.. I fixed it and beef'd the tabs up with some gorilla glue..
    Hopefully tomorrow goes better

RC Competitor
    Welcome Skaling,
    Wow, that's bad luck. Very weird type of breakage. How do you like your P4de?
    Did someone say......MUD!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by groovethumper View Post
    Welcome Skaling,
    Wow, that's bad luck. Very weird type of breakage. How do you like your P4de?
    Until it broke it was awsome!! Pretty fast with the stock battery. Can't imagine the speed after I upgrade to LiPO.

RC Qualifier
    I had a screw on mine come loose in a crash but it didn't break the tab. I replaced it with a longer screw that ends flush with the bottom of the chassis, and never had a problem since.

I did the same as rob after some big air off my mates skate ramp but big and thicker screws saved the day man...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    lost one of my screws also.

RC Racer
    I have a few screws loose too,hahahaha
    anyone have an extra truck,I broke mine again

RC Racer
    It happened to me also and if you look around this forum you'll see that its a pretty common breakage. bad design I suppose. Traxxas did nothing for me as far a replacing it except offer to sell me a new one. I declined.
    I play til something breaks

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxray757 View Post
    It happened to me also and if you look around this forum you'll see that its a pretty common breakage. bad design I suppose. Traxxas did nothing for me as far a replacing it except offer to sell me a new one. I declined.
    how did you fix yours? I have a feeling my fix will break again. Other than buying a new one, how would I make it a more sturdy fix?

RC poster
    Funny, after a light run the first day, I lost a ESC mount screw. Per manual, I went around and checked all the screws and found a very few slightly loose.

Lexan around clips slightly worn/torn. Am going to shoe goo parts of body after viewing how to video.

Stampede4X4 fantastic...on new lipos, crazy fun.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Maybe could have put an add in the MP for a good esc case...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Maybe could have put an add in the MP for a good esc case...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
    Well, 25 mins in to running my new 'Pede i broke something..
    I was hitting jumps off curbs and hit a curb a bit faster and harder than i wanted, then landed but somehow broke the mounting tabs on the vxl-3s. Nothing else broke..very weird, but the design of the way the vxl-3s is mounted is weak.. I fixed it and beef'd the tabs up with some gorilla glue..
    Hopefully tomorrow goes better
    it also happened to my truck, i think first happened that i lost the 1st screw that hold the vxl and the servo together, and then while using my truck and hit something, that brakes the mounting tab, cause vxl unit is kinda heavy just for a single screw,

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    it also happened to my truck, i think first happened that i lost the 1st screw that hold the vxl and the servo together, and then while using my truck and hit something, that brakes the mounting tab, cause vxl unit is kinda heavy just for a single screw,
    how did u fix yours?

Why dont you use lexan and some bigger screws and good epoxy glue and it will be sorted...peace

RC Competitor
    Just talked to Traxxas on the phone. They said they will replace the ESC for me under warranty. Great customer service.

Thats what i am taking about traxxas love just make sure when the new one comes to make sure its done nice and tight sorted dude....peace

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcrook@sbcglobal.net View Post
    Funny, after a light run the first day, I lost a ESC mount screw. Per manual, I went around and checked all the screws and found a very few slightly loose.

Lexan around clips slightly worn/torn. Am going to shoe goo parts of body after viewing how to video.

Stampede4X4 fantastic...on new lipos, crazy fun.
    Hey David, I have a new Pede 4x4 as well (getting ready for my son) and ran a stock battery and a 2S Lipo and no issues.
    I have bought a big box of upgrade and replacement parts.

I did the fiberglass / Goop body work today. One tip, make sure the Goop/Shoegoop is warm or at least room temp.
    I did it in my garage today and the cold Goop was very hard to work and felt like it was setting up really quick.
    The body now feels like it is 3x as heavy but feels like it can take some hits now.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
    how did u fix yours?
    i just put back together the pieces and put super glue, and also i put something in between the weak part and glue it again, so there will be more hold than the the original, good for you that they will be replacing it for free,......

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    i just put back together the pieces and put super glue, and also i put something in between the weak part and glue it again, so there will be more hold than the the original, good for you that they will be replacing it for free,......
    Any time I have a loose screw, I put it back in with superglue. This has saved a lot of plastic parts. You can still pop it loose for removal, and when you put it back it's usually still tight without having to add any more super glue for several times.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    Any time I have a loose screw, I put it back in with superglue. This has saved a lot of plastic parts. You can still pop it loose for removal, and when you put it back it's usually still tight without having to add any more super glue for several times.
    i am gonna have to try this both my tabs broke yesterday i crazy glued them and now today they snapped off again. such a **** off