RC Qualifier

What changes should/would you like Traxxas make to the Rally?

So, as a consumer, what changes would you like to see made to the rally, if any? My thoughts:

1. Different wheels and tires. The sc wheels and tires was a good idea, except they look kind of odd on the Rally. Lower profile tires would be great. Yes, I know 1/8 buggy is an option, but not for a spec class. The rally should come with closer to 1/8 buggy wheels/tires, then it would have better performance and would separate it from the slash and other sct's, especially for a stock class.

We can all name lots of things (better shocks, different motor, more bodies etc.) but I think wheels and tires would be the one thing I would like to see changed.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think Traxxas should spec it with the esc from the funny car and a blue version of the 3800 castle motor. Non progressive springs. Other than that mine has been perfect. I think many people would like to see a platinum of ultimate version too. But as for changes to the base rally, even with the VXL system it's darn good.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I was thinking the same thing Pave, adopt a blue version of the Castle 3800 and funny car esc in the standard model Rally. But in the Platinnum edition the blue 2400 motor. That would be sweet.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

So how much do you think the motor system and the driveshafts to handle it would add to the price?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    A car payment I'd say.

RC Qualifier
    I like to see realistic body shells that are either based on real production cars or better looking Traxxas bodies. The current 1/10 and 1/16 rally is a little soft and bubbly for my taste.

A nitro version.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    gasoline engine.....

or even better, kit version. I want to slap a mamba monster in one.. dont want to buy a roller and dont need yet another tqi radio and velineon system
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    So how much do you think the motor system and the driveshafts to handle it would add to the price?
    How about the wheel and tire idea?
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Qualifier
    They should have addressed the issue with the center ball bearing to support the center driveshaft, I can see this becoming an issue again as the center bearing wearing out, hope kingheadz comes up with one for the rally since you can't transfer the kingheads center bearing and adaptor over.

RC Champion
    They already have a set going to powder coating if I heard correctly on URC.

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...34ebc0ad927c52

RC Enthusiast
    The plastic bearing adapter and clutch fried on me within a week. Upgraded to the aluminium adapter, no problems since. That should be standard issue

RC poster
    I would like a real upgrade package such as motor/esc, shocks/springs, wheels, shafts and so on. All together in a huge upgrade ;-)
    Besides that I would love an even bigger car with the same good quality and reliability. ;-)