RC poster

Pros and cons vs Slayer Pro? Opinions wanted

Hi all, new to the forums and looking for some advice and opinions regarding the Slash 2WD 3.3. I currently own a Slash VXL 2WD and a Summit. My Slash has almost everything upgraded except the chassis and Valenion system. My next vehicle is going to be a Nitro and I am not sure if I want to go with another Slash 2WD platform, which will enable me to stock parts and accessories for 2 vehicles, or go with the Slayer Pro 4x4.

I am just beginning to get into racing with the Slash, have a track in my backyard and at club track every 3rd Sunday so my drive style is 80% track orientated and 20% bash orientated.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOSkill View Post
    Hi all, new to the forums and looking for some advice and opinions regarding the Slash 2WD 3.3. I currently own a Slash VXL 2WD and a Summit. My Slash has almost everything upgraded except the chassis and Valenion system. My next vehicle is going to be a Nitro and I am not sure if I want to go with another Slash 2WD platform, which will enable me to stock parts and accessories for 2 vehicles, or go with the Slayer Pro 4x4.

I am just beginning to get into racing with the Slash, have a track in my backyard and at club track every 3rd Sunday so my drive style is 80% track orientated and 20% bash orientated.
    I think we will have to see how the slash handles, But I have heard that the slayer with a couple of suspension tweaks is a beast on the track.
    It also seems silly to get the slash, when the slayer is only about $50 more. You are getting so much more of a truck for $60 more.

RC Competitor
    +1 what supersnake said. nitro slash looks like a ball, but the slayer pro is 5 steps above it. my buddy has one, an it handles like my ofna buggy.
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Enthusiast
    Slayer Pro is bigger, wider and a bit heavier. As was said above, a few mods, like sway bars and some suspension tuning, make it a beast. That said, the nitro Slash should be an all-around fun truck. It'll take some skill to learn to drive it without fish-tailing, and out of the box it does need some minor upgrades. The first and most important is a resonator tuned pipe or something similar that is not composite. It has a ton of parts that interchange with the electric Slash, and some more that are from the nitro Rustler, so most parts are already out there and available. If you have a Slash, you probably already have some parts on hand and you know how to work on it.

The LGC will make handling a lot better than the electric Slash. The nitro may not may a great racer, but it should be a fun, easy-to-fix truck. And in my book, fun is what it is all about?

RC Enthusiast
    i would say the slayer from what i have seen and the slash i think traxxas really cheaped out on it not tqi radio it a new tq radio no waterproof servo basic shock with pre load clipps. its looks like they just extended the rustler and the slayer is 4x4 not 2wd so i would handle better i think

RC poster
    I had the slayer pro and all that thing did was roll do donuts and spin lol I did as much as I could to that truck I slammed it put different weight oils in the shocks and our sway bars on it the center of gravity is just to high for a sc truck its a great basher not a track truck at all and any traxxas truck get the rechargeable pack I'm thinking about getting a slash this time just for the difference to see