RC poster

Changing to a different brand fuel ...

Will I have any engine problems if I change the brand of 20% nitro fuel In my Slayer Pro?At the present time Im using Traxxas 20% that I got when I bought the truck at a hobby store some distance from my house .The local hobby store doesnt carry Traxxas and told me that the brand he sells will run cooler in my slayer.

It shouldn't hurt anything just as long as the oil content is not drastically different. I ran the Traxxas 20% nitro fuel in my 3.3 (which has around 18% oil content) and switched to Wildcat 20% which has 14% oil content with no ill effects. I just ran it a touch richer and it ran fine.

RC Racer
    I run Bryans 20% Nitro... Cooler temps, easier tune. Zero issues.

RC Competitor
    I use to uses Traxxas Top fuel 20% but I thought it had to much oil, so the guy at my local hobby shop said I should try O'donnell speed blind 20% and I had him re-tune and I tell you what my truck runs better then it ever has and holds a tune,and it runs cooler and the fuel run time is longer, now it only has 8% oil but I just run it a little rich and it works out just fine.

RC Competitor
    If you want to try a good glow plug try the Mc Coy MC-59 they work really well in traxxas motors....!!!!!

I just use O'Donnel 20% nitro. 20% is better IMO. Longer run times (slightly) cooler temps, easyer to tune and cheaper. I can get it for only $20 a gallon!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx