Thread: QR1 Grounded

RC poster

QR1 Grounded

Flying my heli today, and I had to use players as the video shows to unbind one prop. Unfortunately later in tthe day the same motor was acting up. It was always running even when throttle was at zero. When removing the motor to look at I unfortunately pulled too hard and broke the wires. So looks like I will at least need a new motor. If a new control board is needed I will be highly disappointed in this little bird.
    Slash 4x4

Let's hope it is just the motor. I was just looking at the parts list and motors are $10 but the circuit board is not even on the list so I guess if you need a new circuit board it is all about exchanging the QR-1 for a new one.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    I will call traxxas sometime next week and see if they have any thoughts. If its the motor $10 isn't bad other than the tiny soldering that will need done. If its the board I pry won't even send it in. I haven't had any crashes that would warrant a repair on any of my other helis other than a blade or two.
    Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Just get all parts for the Hubsan X4. At www.banggood.com you can get Hubsan 7mm motors very cheap. I just had 3 sent to me by mail for under $9, worked like a charm. Hubsan X4 Circuit Boards run between $12 and $18. Cant remeber the site I was on earlier but it was easy to find and in stock ready to ship. The simple truth is you can get all the parts, body and controller seperate cheaper then if you would buy a brand new one. But if you arent like me and have no patients dont bother. I do enjoy building these little things though.

This post has been edited. Being that this is the Traxxas forum recommending non Traxxas vehicles is not allowed.

Dadx2mj
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 01-07-2013 at 10:21 AM.

RC poster
    Well just now got to replacing the motor, and no dice. It still is at 100% with 0 throttle.
    Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Has anyone switched the boards with any luck?
    Slash 4x4