RC Qualifier

Got some dry graphite

Well, it turns out my dad had some dry graphite from when we used to race Pinewood Derby Cars, and I was wondering where and what I should lube. He said not to use too much cause a little goes a long ways. Pictures would help too! Thanks, JC
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

I would lube the CV joints in the drive shafts, and the pivot balls. Just my .02 cents.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Those are the two places where the shafts connect right?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    The Cv joints are the 2 steel pieces at each end of the half shaft/axle. You lube the ball joint between the cv and halfshaft.
    If the summit can go through; its not deep enough

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Thanks!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    another place that i used to lube was the hollow balls because sometimes they can be come a bit stiff.
    they are the little steel balls in the rod ends.

RC Qualifier
    There is no way I am gonna take off everything like the half shafts to oil a couple little pieces. I don't even know how! Couldn't I just put a couple squirts of wd 40 on the joints, bearings, and the hollow balls?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Turns out I had a tool that came with the Summit for removing these funny sealed ball things at the end of the halfshaft which let me pull it off exposing the ball joint. Now all I got to do it rub on the dry graphite! I should be a Vehicle Mechanic! Lol
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Discovered rust on the connectors for the back half shafts. Gonna scrub those good with a toothbrush and wd 40. Also found rust on the beadlock screws. Nothing major but the back halfshafts look like they are gonna take some work to get the premature rusting off.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    There is no way I am gonna take off everything like the half shafts to oil a couple little pieces. I don't even know how! Couldn't I just put a couple squirts of wd 40 on the joints, bearings, and the hollow balls?
    LOL. You will get to know your summit and how it goes together. i pull my half shafts out nearly every 2wks to clean/regrease and check bearings.
    Yup WD40 would be good except that it will attract dirt if you don't wipe most of it off. i searched my local hardware and auto stores back to front and found some stuff that lubricates but dries and doesn't attract dirt etc

RC Qualifier
    Discovered rust on the connectors for the back half shafts. Gonna scrub those good with a toothbrush and wd 40. Also found rust on the beadlock screws. Nothing major but the back halfshafts look like they are gonna take some work to get the premature rusting off.
    Yep a trip to the beach gave me rust on my cv's but i am not worrying. will jsut scrub em up every now and again.

What beadlocks you got
    Wheels ?
    Tyres ?

RC Qualifier
    All Stock. Only things that isnt stock on my truck is a motor shroud and skids. Found rust on my CV Joints up near the diff, but my grandpa said to to try and get it off so I don't break anything. He said a little rust wont hurt anything though.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    All Stock. Only things that isnt stock on my truck is a motor shroud and skids. Found rust on my CV Joints up near the diff, but my grandpa said to to try and get it off so I don't break anything. He said a little rust wont hurt anything though.
    Oh i see you mean the "show" beadlocks.
    All screws will rust over time.
    Grandpa's are awesome people aren't they. Can answer just about every question you throw at them.

RC Qualifier
    Just out of curiosity though, do they make a rust remover that is safe on plastics? If so, I might want to invest on getting some for in the future.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit