Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Hahahahaha! You wouldn't believe how controlled his experiments are.
    You may want to check this webpage: http://www.rclipotesting.com/Info_and_Care.php

Yo need to define the voltage level a little more clearly. Are the figures of of 3.6-3.8 V/cell and then 3.4-3.5 V/cell measured as resting voltages or measured as voltage under load?
    That is some interesting and informative reading.Thank you

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Yes, one LiPo was charged to 4.2, the other to 4.1.
    Both discharged to 2.5. (not sure why so low)

I did not say it answered your question...
    "I don't have a graph for what you ask" is in the very first line.

It does show a loss of mAh.
    It has not been stated that abusing a pack will change the voltage. It changes capacity.
    I have seen packs that check out perfect voltage wise, but completely shut down the system that they are powering because they simply cannot provide enough amperage anymore. This is why it is important (IMO) to discharge and check the capacity of your LiPo packs. This is a good way (from what I understand) to tell the actual health of your pack.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Hahahahaha! You wouldn't believe how controlled his experiments are.
    You may want to check this webpage: http://www.rclipotesting.com/Info_and_Care.php

Yo need to define the voltage level a little more clearly. Are the figures of of 3.6-3.8 V/cell and then 3.4-3.5 V/cell measured as resting voltages or measured as voltage under load?
    The voltages i assumed would be 3.4-3.5 resting or being discharged to the voltage. I am glad to hear or read someone has put time i to this, should lay to rest inquisitive minds, like mine

RC Racer
    I am just disappointed that guys open a hobby shop and dont know what they are talking about when it comes to batteries

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by his grace View Post
    I am just disappointed that guys open a hobby shop and dont know what they are talking about when it comes to batteries
    For the sake of honesty I am going to go out on a limb here and defend them. First I am going to back up a little and explain my background. I'm a Mechanical Engineer with nearly 30 years of experience, 20 of which working with compressible fluids. Fluid flow ties in perfectly and is analogous to electrical flow. I have been involved with RC since 1986 and professionally with the battery side for 14 years now. I am still learning on a daily basis and have MUCH more to learn!

Back to the LHS employees. While it is expected they be up-to-date on most of the products they sell, I cannot fathom how they would be versed in all the technical aspects of battery pack functions. Heck, I’ve seen major mistakes on how to operate and maintain RC batteries, in print, by other battery suppliers, charger suppliers, and even RC vehicle companies. Sometimes I actually feel sorry for the average hobby shop employee; it can be very overwhelming at times.