RC Qualifier

Titan 775 got fried

after running about 10 sets of lipos through my summit with out breaking it in it burnt out, it still turns over and goes like rubbish, but one thing that puzzled me is that the motor fan basically self destructed and filled the motor with pieces of fan? ive order a dewalt motor from kd so that should coming soon. i had my slipper about 360 degrees to loose so could that have lead to its death?

RC Qualifier
    What were you doing when it broke. I've heard of rocks and debris getting shot up inside the buddy from the tires and falling into the motor fan and breaking it.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

My guess is that is what happened.
    I have seen one lose a brush(it stops working)But the truck was still moving.
    The brush I'm guessing bounced around in there.
    Fan pieces and the fan stump were all that was left.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Lol yeah I've lost a brush and brush arm. It just stops and then I sat there for 2 hours trying to figure out why it wont move but everything else works.

_______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Qualifier
    i think it mightve gotten a rock in the motor because the fan was shredded to pieces and the motor runs like a dog, im going to put a motor bag on my dewalt

RC Racer
    Here is some carnage. My son and I were out driving in the snow and beating the trucks pretty good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Then my son says "Dad, what the heck is that smell?" Then I got a whiff of it and knew right away what it was. I don't know the history of the truck as I bought it used, so no data on how long it lasted from new.

Nice work all! Here's mine. Can you imagine that it stopped dead after a couple few outings where it complained and protested vehemently?

What I couldn't get a good picture of was how the motor shaft ovalized the hole in the front bushing. The shaft went "click-clack' when wiggled back and forth.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    piranha-z i was doing the same thing except on dirt hills and grass, i could smell something weird then looked at the car and there was smoke pooring out the back of it, then i knew it was rooted

RC Qualifier
    Wow. Impressive. Maybe we shoupd make a thread of carnage motors or even parts?
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Nice work all! Here's mine. Can you imagine that it stopped dead after a couple few outings where it complained and protested vehemently?

What I couldn't get a good picture of was how the motor shaft ovalized the hole in the front bushing. The shaft went "click-clack' when wiggled back and forth.
    I could hardly get mine apart. Had to pry it pretty good. The worst part was it melted a small hole in my Dusty Cover from the heat right where the antenna is

Maybe dumb question, but is the cause of this from a bad brush, motor getting too hot, running it too hard, or the motor was just used up??? Maybe no right answer but just curious what others think when this happens to them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    piranha-z i was doing the same thing except on dirt hills and grass, i could smell something weird then looked at the car and there was smoke pooring out the back of it, then i knew it was rooted
    No smoke from mine but I could get the smell outa my hands for a couple days............ACK

I took the easy route and bought another Titan motor. I kinda wanted to do the DeWalt upgrade but I wanted to get back to driving asap and figured the $28 for a motor was the quickest (and cheapest) way. Maybe I can mess with the DeWalt upgrade while running this one.

RC Qualifier
    That's a Titan 775 for ya. I had three 775's and each one broke/melted right there. I will never buy a another Titan 775 again. If you like them, you should probably have a spare around...

Edit: I know where to get sensored brushless motors for less than $60.
    Last edited by satyrisci; 01-09-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Qualifier
    titan 775 are rubbish, and satyrisci how do you get the cheap brushless motors?