RC poster

Slash 1/16 tires

Hey I realize that a lot of people have posted about this, but I have yet to find a thread that I have understood well enough to be sure. I have a slash 1/16 scale and am in search of new tires. I have been told that the e revo tires are much better than the stock slash ones but i'm not sure if they will fit. Has anyone tried. Also any suggestions about good tires that work well both on and off-road?
    Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    The stock erevo tires would work pergect on the slash and yes the will fit right on
    Traxxas ruslter, 1/16 modded grave digger,

RC Qualifier
    I'm pretty sure the stock e-revo tires don't fit, they rub a lot on the body and when turning, on the chassis..

What kind of terrain are you mainly running on?
    Last edited by TQi; 12-13-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Revo tires are much larger... in diameter and width. I have seen them installed on Slashes because they do bolt on, but by the time the body was trimmed out to clear the tires, there was not much left of it. I believe even after all of that they still could not turn full lock without scraping the tire or rim on something.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by need help View Post
    Hey I realize that a lot of people have posted about this, but I have yet to find a thread that I have understood well enough to be sure. I have a slash 1/16 scale and am in search of new tires. I have been told that the e revo tires are much better than the stock slash ones but i'm not sure if they will fit. Has anyone tried. Also any suggestions about good tires that work well both on and off-road?
    Thanks
    I realize you are not going to get the same look, but 1/10th scale touring car Wheels&Tires fit very nicely on the Mini-Slash.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
    I realize you are not going to get the same look, but 1/10th scale touring car Wheels&Tires fit very nicely on the Mini-Slash.
    I run BSR touring car foams for smooth asphalt and Losi Mini 8ight's for offroad. Stockers for old parking lots and light offroad. Most TC wheels come with a variety of offsets making them very nice for parking lot fun. Most 1/10th TC wheels are very close in size to stockers.

RC Qualifier
    I'm running a few sets of touring car tires on my slash I'm very happy with them, I have foams, drift plastic and a conventional rubber tire from the 4-tec. You can get rally tires for the touring car wheels and have a low profile offroad tire. Some people have put lil revo tires on their slash you just have to hack up the body, if you want an oversize tire for offroad I would look into the tires used for the 1/14 losi mini-8ight. they're 2.2" so it's taller, I don't know if they cause body rub but they would probably perform well, they're less than $10 for a pair so I'm curious to try them.
    I like turtles.