RC poster

Cool Halo Warthog Body

I would love to custom build a Halo Warthog body. Im not sure were to start. Anyone have any suggestions for materials. Or ideas, has this been done before.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Umm..... This would be better in the traxxas ally.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Enthusiast
    Well if its for his jato. No.
    The old reynolddog.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    oh, then get a body of that and put it on your jato.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    oh, then get a body of that and put it on your jato.
    I think he's asking how to make a custom body. A body like that isn't currently made for any car.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    lol buy a body and make parts out of wood + plaster or fiberglass.

That picture looks like a toy. Could you get a toy one that is close enough to the right size and make mounts in it to fit right? You'd probably have to do something about airflow to the engine, but otherwise that would be rather original.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake_Jato_3.3
    I would love to custom build a Halo Warthog body. Im not sure were to start. Anyone have any suggestions for materials. Or ideas, has this been done before.
    That sounds like a great plan!

For materials, the only thing I could suggest (this is a wild stab in the dark guess) would be a combination of modelling clay and balsawood to make a mock up, create a mold from that (fibreglass ?) then contact a plastics manufacturing firm to make a lexan body based on the mold. As for figurines, Mcfarlane toys manufacture Halo figurines and warthog models, including upcoming Halo 3 warthog designs (but they are very small models 1:64 scale I believe- info from an ebay ad).

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gotta love the Warthog!

There's a couple of lexan bodies out there that with a little trimming could be made to look like that, such as the Parma Team Meents body, or the HPI MX-1(I think that's what it's called, it looks like a Hummer stadium truck body).
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by superlapS15
    That sounds like a great plan!

For materials, the only thing I could suggest (this is a wild stab in the dark guess) would be a combination of modelling clay and balsawood to make a mock up, create a mold from that (fibreglass ?) then contact a plastics manufacturing firm to make a lexan body based on the mold. As for figurines, Mcfarlane toys manufacture Halo figurines and warthog models, including upcoming Halo 3 warthog designs (but they are very small models 1:64 scale I believe- info from an ebay ad).

you wouldnt have to go that way try vacume forming in your search engine, there are a ton of sites showing you how. just need a box with pegboard top, a decent vacume, heat gun, the lexan, and a mold. i used to do it for slot cars and am trying to get my stuff together for the bigger stuff.
    forgot to add you can use plaster from craft stores to make a mold, depending on the toy you could even use it.
    Tomanytolistin50,MAXX RULES

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here is a idea that will cost alot of money, get a body makeing machiene and mold your own, then you can sell abuntch of them.

RC Qualifier
    HEY ID BUY ONE FOR LIKE 60 BUKS
    OR U CAN EMAIL THE HEADS OF LIKE PROLINE AND PITCH THE IDEA TO THEM FOR HALO FANS
    ..and when I looked to the left I saw a parked car

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    lol they won't make a body that some one just sends in, rpm won't make us 1 more part.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxaholic
    you wouldnt have to go that way try vacume forming in your search engine, there are a ton of sites showing you how. just need a box with pegboard top, a decent vacume, heat gun, the lexan, and a mold. i used to do it for slot cars and am trying to get my stuff together for the bigger stuff.
    forgot to add you can use plaster from craft stores to make a mold, depending on the toy you could even use it.
    I've used this method for making canopies and hatch covers for helis and boats. A IR heat lamp works better for heating the lexan, heats more evenly with less deformed hot spots. I use blocks of balsa wood for molds, easier to work with if you don't have an existing part to cast. For the vacuum box I made a square frame out of 2X4s and covered one side with plywood and used a sheet of pegboard on the other. I had to drill out all the holes in the pegboard to 3/8 because the airflow was to low. I also drilled a 2 hole on both sides of the box through the 2X4's; one to connect a shop vac and the other one has a 2 ball valve so you can control the amount of vacuum.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Racer
    This might help you with some ideas...
    Cool too..

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1776123
    Jato

RC Competitor
    I will probally get warning but goto http://www.thetoyz.com he has plans with all the details on how to do it.
    Ofna hyper 7 hyper 8 hyper 9
    emaxx
    Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zooman jato
    This might help you with some ideas...
    Cool too..

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1776123
    haha i have that on my my space lol! but like that other guy said they most likely make toy hogs so look for one then take it apart carefully and put the body on and then roll over and break it to peices! really your best option is to just wait for some company to start making them

RC Champion
    i would say the easiest way would be to make a clay or wood mold and then get a company to vacum mold u a body
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Racer
    My 2 cents on this..the jato is so fast (and can be twitchy and flip-prone off-road) that this body would only make sense if it were a shelf queen or ran on the road only, with good road tires (like road rages). The first high speed flip it takes will rip off anything fancy on top of the body (like little men with fake guns, etc.) Just a thought...

RC Qualifier
    I came across this link on another website. Some dude made a RC warthog using a Halo wartog toy, and what looks to be some cheap toy rc truck. Theres lots of pictures showing how he did it.

http://www.3dnow.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1029
    Brushless is the new Nitro

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I never really liked halo 1 or 2 but good luck, Never played 3

RC poster
    I want one for the Rustler or Slash (I'd look better on the Slash)