RC Qualifier

Motor brace, sway bar & chassis brace... at once?

Hi,

Is it possible to install the HPP motor brace, a sway bar and a chassis brace all at once on an ERBE?

Thanks

I don't see why not...I am using the traxxas sway bar kit, I know it will work with this...I don't have the rear chassis brace tho. Revoroller users the HPP motor bracket and rear chassis brace...not sure if he is running a sway bar kit tho .
    Rock n Rolla !

59 cents motor mount mod, just get a longer bolt & cut it off........takes the flex out of the motor...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4910702
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i did have the rear brace mod with the traxxas sway bar but i dont have the HPP motor brace. yeah you should be able to have them all at ones.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    You'll probably want to fabricate a mount for the rear brace or just run it to one of the two shock mount bolts and get a longer bolt.

The Traxxas sway bars don't interfere with the rear shock mount and the HPP brace is slightly in the way.

If I was dead set on bracing the chassis I would probably get some 1/16" steel drill and shape it to fit under the bolts above the HPP brace and offset the mounting position backwards past the shock mount.

RC Qualifier
    Nice, I figured it would be possible, in worst case only a matter of getting longer bolts. I've got a Tekno RC sway bar kit coming, though, so as per suggestions on this forum I plan on using Traxxas sways on the front, and Tekno on the back.

Will post a detailed report when everything has arrived and is installed.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    either you pick traxxas f/r sway bar or tekno, it work as for its purpose. what i like about tekno sway bar is that the rear is more safe (onboard) from breakage if land hard at the rear side, but all in all they work great!!!
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    FYI HPP are out of the motor brace until the end of Dec. 2012

I use traxxas front and rear...I haven't damage a rear one yet but anything is possible.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ignis View Post
    Nice, I figured it would be possible, in worst case only a matter of getting longer bolts. I've got a Tekno RC sway bar kit coming, though, so as per suggestions on this forum I plan on using Traxxas sways on the front, and Tekno on the back.

Will post a detailed report when everything has arrived and is installed.
    I went with the Traxxas because I was worried the Tekno would be prone to interference from the motor brace.

At any rate with all the stuff I have on this truck it runs pretty good, diffs are still an issue, as are bearings but it rides smooth and has little roll. The front I wouldn't mind stiffening up more though.