RC poster

Drag Racing these RC's

Hey, first off i did post this queation in another thread on this forum. Heck I figured some people could be somewhat biased strictly because of which vehicle they own. Just wanting to hear from both sides of fence...

What up everyone? Lets see, I jumped into this hobby about a year ago and like a lot of yall, my first car was a Rustler. A few months later I got a sweet deal on an X-o1 that i just could not pass up.

Fast forward to now, Ive been able to talk several of my buddies into the getting cars and enjoying the hobby as well. As of now there's about 10 of us with a total of 26 cars. Ive recently found an entirely other group of guys across town with supposedly just as many cars. I met up with a few of them Monday and we are now in the process of organizing weekly drag races... THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN...

My ? for you all is which vehicle do yall think will give me the greatest chances of winning? As of now my Rustler has a VXL set-up, however, the Mamba Monster set-up wil be a Christmas present to myself. There's no doubt in my mind that after speaking with these guys, Ill have on of the fastest cars at the races. Thing is we're drag racing so the fastest speed run is basically irrelevant....(if im not mistaken, the race will only be 130ft or so)

So again im asking, which one of these car do i need to put my time into to give me the best chances. Thanks...

RC Qualifier
    i would say the xo-1, with the 4wd you shouldnt flip over on a fast take off, and it should have the upgraded parts for fast take offs; and it was purposely built for speed- my .02 cents
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Qualifier
    first of all , you have to know what exactly your running against .. Its hard to tell you what todo when you dont know what the other guy is bringin to dinner .. are they 1/10 scale or 1/8 ..

Personally though even the XO-1 isnt the best car for all out drag racing , I was gettin smoked by a OFNA LX2E buggy with a mamba system on 4S , if I was you id sell the rustler . Use that money to buy a LX2E roller for $189 and throw in a mamba system and you will smoke just about anything<hopefully> and have a 10 times better ride and very much stronger then the rustler .. I wouldnt waste my money throwing a $300 system in a rustler . Its just asking to break into pieces when you crash . My 1st two RC's were rustlers and I kid you not they were fun cuz I was a noob but never again , anything traxxas the quality just isnt there . Get the buggy you will thank me later i promise .

Also depending which mamba system your gonna throw in it , you will need a new tranny case <metal>IIRC , those plastic shafts are gonna get bent the first time you do a holeshot . This is if your planning a 2200 or 2650 mamba system , if your going with smaller then disregard this
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC poster
    Hey what's up Benny? As of now, there's no distinguishing of classes. What we agreed on at the meeting Monday was "Run what you Brung". And again, this is going to be our 1st time hooking up, I'm sure we'll make some changes as we proceed.

Anyhow, I did order the mamba monster last night, actually just before I noticed your response to this thread. I got the 2200kv.

I really don't know much about ofna except for what I saw last night, "x o1 killa", lol. Anyhow, they look very well built and sturdy. You've really got me thinking hard now man.

Will that 2200kv give me all I need hooked up with an ofna. And also which set-up do you think is better, dm1 or lx2e?

Posting the same question in multiple sections is considered spamming and not allowed here. There are more answers in the Rustler-Bandit forum.
    The Super Derecho