RC Enthusiast

Preflight checks

Took the 2200kv Powered XO1 out to the Lowes parking lot, and to be honest it did not do so good. I was flying however as I did get it up to about 70mph with only 500 feet to run. But the car feels almost uncontrollable. I know I was at my limit just at 70 before the car could go in a direction I do not want it to go. I wasn't the best surface, very uneven. But I was wondering what is the best set up to do a "Controllable" speed pass. Stiff shocks? Soft shocks? What shock oil? Alignment? Any advice would be great.

I will be taking the car to a different road on Tuesday morning around 2am to avoid any traffic/people. The road is A LOT smoother and 4 lanes wide. So I will do a true speed pass soon. Thx!!!

RC Racer
    stiffer springs, balance tires (reduce vibration, increase top speed), add weights to left side of car next to esc to balance out the rear weight (this will help with unwanted steering to the right under acceleration) . my alignment setup is 1.5 toe with 0 camber in rear, and .5 toe with 0 camber front (0 camber for max traction). hope this helps

RC Racer
    Turn the steering end points down. I like it set at 70%. If a car comes around the corner I can still manuever to avoid getting ran over. And most of all look at FartOfDooms XO-1 Mods post. So far all I have done is the different shafts for the A arms and wrapping the bellcrank with teflon tape. But man is it a different animal now that I did this stuff. If you haven't already you should read that post.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FartOfDoom View Post
    stiffer springs, balance tires (reduce vibration, increase top speed), add weights to left side of car next to esc to balance out the rear weight (this will help with unwanted steering to the right under acceleration) . my alignment setup is 1.5 toe with 0 camber in rear, and .5 toe with 0 camber front (0 camber for max traction). hope this helps

How much weight should I put on the left side?

RC Qualifier
    Not sure why you are having problems at 70 mph. I ran 70 - 90 mph passes by just adjusting the steering, camber, and preloading the stock springs and didn't have problems. When I went over 90 mph, that's when it became harder to control. Not sure if your motor makes it harder or what, but maybe just try the smoother road and focus on your throttle control.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Rustler View Post
    How much weight should I put on the left side?
    well that depends on your setup really. I have a couple of fans on my car with a heatsink, so a 3s 2.2a lipo is perfect.

RC Qualifier
    doesnt matter how good of a driver you are , on a uneven , unclean road you will eat the goods allday and night .. Also depending on your location , running latenight runs , need to heat up the tires make sure they get some grip cuz it gets cooler at night .

What batteries and gearing are you running on the 2200?
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    doesnt matter how good of a driver you are , on a uneven , unclean road you will eat the goods allday and night .. Also depending on your location , running latenight runs , need to heat up the tires make sure they get some grip cuz it gets cooler at night .

What batteries and gearing are you running on the 2200?
    4000mah 3s 11.1V 20C in series.