RC Racer

A Defective ESC?

I recently got my hands on an XO-1 esc from a friend.
    The problem is that it seems not to be working.
    I have the TQi radio
    I've plugged it into ch 2 on the tqi receiver
    I've plugged both a 3s and a 5s lipo batt to power the esc

The ipod lights up green on both sides, indicating the radio and the receiver/car being recognized
    but NOTHING

I don't have the actual xo-1 car; I was going to put the set up in my 8th scale

I know that the motor works b/c I hooked it up to my Erevo and its fine
    I know that the radio and reciever work b/c I put it in my slash and everything works fine.

I recalibrated my esc; when I apply throttle it turns green and brake it turns red ( though nothing
    happens; i mean in terms of motor not spinning)

I don't have that sensor plug that comes out of the esc plugged in or anything.

Is there something that I am missing or is my esc defective?
    I've tried to be as thorough as possible.

once again: I do not have the actual car just the esc, motor, tqi radio and receiver, no telemetry
    ipod giving 2 green lights, but the unlock buttom is not coming up; and when I go into the garage to
    try to unlock its gives the message " no unlockable device detected"

Please help!!!!

And thank you as always

RC Qualifier
    after you calibrate it green , red , does it beep then turn yellow ? maybe the trims are not set even and the esc isnt finished programming .. have you tried a spare differnt esc ?
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    yes, it seems to be calibrated properly; unfortunately, I only have on xo-1 esc; but trouble shooting the motor and receiver with a regular MMM esc, they all seem to check out.

RC Qualifier
    if you have the castle card you might want to hook it up and disable castle live feature , it seems to power up and go thru all the settings , not sure unless whomever gave it to you and prob blew it out
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    BG6: You are awesome man! the problem was that it wasn't on. I switched it to on; then I wa able to unlock it; then I had to disable it to use it on my non xo-1 vehicles. Thanks again for all of the help!!