RC Racer

Revo first setup

Hello, I just bought a revo brushless 1/10 with mamba monster Esc. It comes with two stock nimh battery and I bough two 3s lipo of 5000mah.
    I read the manual and I'm not sure what is the setup for running lipo. The Esc manual mention that the Esc is configured low voltage detection default, so if I want to run with lipos I just have to put them and turn on the Esc? It does some beep noises is that normal?
    I own a 1/16 revo and I know that of I want to use nimh batteries I have to disable the low voltage detection and on lipo turn it on.
    With the big revo is the same? Do I have to turn on or off the low voltage detection? Or plug nimh or lipo and turn it on without change any set up???
    Thanks! I'm really confused

RC Racer
    I forgot to ask, I have to put two batteries to the big revo always? Nimh or lipo also? I think so becouse the wires indicates that 😜

RC Qualifier
    With the Mamba you just have to plug in your batteries and turn it on. It will automatically detect the lipos and put itself in the proper mode. The beeps you hear are noprmal, with 3s lipos you will hear 6 beeps indicating that the esc is running in 6s mode (2-3s batteries in series=6s). Your esc will also beep periodicly while driving just to let you know its turned on. Have fun 6s turns the ERBE into a rocket...
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by agosb View Post
    I forgot to ask, I have to put two batteries to the big revo always? Nimh or lipo also? I think so becouse the wires indicates that ��
    Yes always 2 batteries
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Racer
    Thank you for your answer! It clear my doubts.
    Its normal that after putting one lipo, when I connect the other it does sparks? On nimh batteries it doesn't happen

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Welcome over here on the big revo forum! Yes it will spark don't worry!
    Did you get a castle link? I would detune it before running 6s. Running 6s is very hard on parts and like the merv you will need to shim the diffs
    two 2 cells is much easier on it
    I tried the nimh only one time I would sell them and put the money towards upgrades

Slipper clutch break in is important and will need to be set afterwards
    Yes for nimh you have to turn off low voltage
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-31-2012 at 10:42 AM.

RC Champion
    I went with 2 2s batteries and that is good for 50mph. It's hard to launch and keep the front end down.
    I plan on ordering 2 3s batteries and running in 5s mode, little more speed and power but not too much.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I'm confuse again
    slash digger said that the esc will automatic detect what battery is and enter in each mode, but 50 said that I have to turn it off if I want to use nimh battery
    So, How do I know if the low voltage detection is on or off, and how to turn it on or off also.
    And 50 what do you mean when you said "Did you get a castle link?" Sorry I don't speak english very well and I don't really understand the question. I think you are talking about a pc hardware, is that right??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The lvd will be off. So good for lipo. He meant you can run 2s or 3s without any changes
    Here is a castle link plugs into your computer to program the esc to fine tune it. http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html

RC Racer
    Hi it's PC software, and a USB interface which plugs into the receiver to and then USB port with a small electronics board to allow you to program it

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/castle-l...products/32321

Link to the castle link on a uk Lhs website

Got there before me 50.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    pretty fast on my phone!

this will help on turning off the lvd and general information http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf

RC Racer
    Now I know what are you talking about. So the merv came with two nimhs and I bought two 3s lipo. If I want to run the lipo I just have to plug them? No changes?
    I think that the merv is pre-configurated to run with the batteries which it came, so, giving it are nimhs and I want to put another kind, lipo. I dont have to change anything?
    Sorry for so many questions. The first time I run the merv I put the 3s's lipo and the Esc started Doing sparks. I sent it to the men who sold me and he changes it and I don't won't to break it again. And becouse today is holiday I cannot ask him, and I want second opinions also!
    Thanks for everything

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    do you mean erbe(big revo) or merv(lil revo)?
    to run lipo no changes but to run nimh you need to turn lvd off

RC Racer
    I mean big revo 1/10
    Mamba monster Esc
    Do I need change?

RC Racer
    I think is not logical that I need changes to run nimh If is a ready to race model, so it is supposed to run with nimh without configuration. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just thinking in a logical way

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes the lvd needs to be turned off! the big revo is not really designed to run with nimh they are not strong enough.don't mean to confuse you more !

i tried nimh once and ran slow turned the lvd back on and don't plan on running them again
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-01-2013 at 04:59 PM.

RC Racer
    Thank you! I will run it with lipo so, without configuration. I won't run it with the stock ones. I know it sucks compare to lipo!
    In my merv I never use the nimh battery again since I have lipo!
    Thank you for all! I was really confused but now I can run it with lipo knowing I'm not doing something bad!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    be careful if all you have is 3s without shimming the diffs so easy on the throttle!

Nothing like running 2/3s...its a beast
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    What are the shims to use in the big revo? Or are the same for the little revo?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The ring gear side is the same but you often need to shim the pinion too and those take 6mm shims
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-01-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Here's an example on how you could shim your diffs...it will give you an idea on what to check for...its worth the time taken.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5334934
    Rock n Rolla !