Thread: jump truck

RC Qualifier

jump truck

im in the middle of building my second e-revo i want to make a truck to air out , not worry about the jump being to big (this is with in reason ) what springs do you use ,shock oil ,and rocker setup . the reason i ask is i went with silver and blue spring 60wt oil and the p2 rockers and on badlands it just seem to low and from a 2.5 feet drop i hear it bottom out will going to the long travel help or just switch arms to say rpm make a difference thanks for any help

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run the purple and pink with 80wt. Works pretty good with badlands. Look at my thread and click on the photo that was today hitting jumps
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-01-2013 at 10:56 PM.

RC Qualifier
    nice vid man for some reason the truck i have the rpm arms and true track sits taller with the same tires everthing else is the same except it has the red aluminum links . i wasnt going to do rpm on this truck because of the steel cvd

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe you have the longer pushrods

RC Qualifier
    Purple rear, silver front. 70 weight middle hole one arm. P2 rockers. Shock preload halfway out on Badlands and mine does big air just fine. The rear skid plate does show some bottoming out though, I replace it every month without fail. Aluminum may be in my future.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Qualifier
    bottoming out is not a bad thing. imo the chassis and the skids can share the impact with the suspension system or you will start breaking rockers, bending shock rods etc
    <3 Traxxas~Align~Ducati~Lib-tech~JacksonGtrs <3

i have purple springs all around with 90wt at about half way down on the retainer. as far as rockers, i run the aluminum ones. they have worked flawlessly. i used to run p2 rockers, but i busted 3 sets of them on hard flat landings so i deceided the alums were the way to go. i do BIG jumping though...50-60ft+. hope that helps.

these are the style of rockers that i use...http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-Traxxas...item43b74a6048
    Last edited by vxlrocket; 01-02-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    (2) RC8TEs, RC8.2E, Slash 4x4, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Qualifier
    thank you guys so much i like to play at a concrete skate park my 1/10 scale do awesome my 1/8 not so much so im trying to make this truck right the first time i put slayer bumper on it, as a bigger area to dispurse the impact just in case and with the p2 rockers silver and blue springs the truck sits arms level and bottoms out oh and that links on the inner most hole

RC Qualifier
    i just figured out my problem the shocks had limiters in them from the person i got them from , so i took them out and that means i put on the long travels for no reason now , it sits up now and no bottoming out