RC Racer

Dying chassis and parts. Trying to go from black to purple.

I want to do purple accents on a black chassis but it might end up as a purple chassis with black accents. Had to do this in kitchen and not in work area in garage. Took a peak and i dont think that the black is taking the purple. The chassis is very well, but it is a very dark purple. Blue rpm parts are trying to take the purple but not going so well

Last edited by chevyjlewis; 12-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Champion
    Are you single?
    My wife would shoot me if I even thought about doing anything RC in the kitchen, Im thinking I would get shot and hung for sprawling everything out on the dining room table!
    Then again I would shoot her if she decided to decorate my man cave, all 1400 sq ft of the basement and the family room. The rest of the house is at her discretion and Im good with that!

RC Racer
    Ha. I live with my parents and my girlfriend. My mom wasnt happy with it. We dont eat here it is just for big get togethers. She is like we have a 30 x 30 garage and you bring that in my house on my nice table. I said it is too cold and it there is no boilin water or tv
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Racer
    Gonna go to black. The purple didnt hold. I knew i should have went to the craft store and bought rit and not whatever brand walmart carrys. I will see how the walmart black does
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Racer
    Pretty bummed the black didnt take either. So tomorrow i will be getting black rit dye and tryig again. My advice is do not buy the brand walmart sells. I have used rit before and it worked. It is the same price as this stuff also.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Champion
    RIT dye works excellent , 30 min soak or I left them overnight and worked excellent

Maroon, Navy and Black turned out 100%

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    green from walmart looks awesome too chevy, might wanna try that instead of black, or buy a new chassis and start fresh, only $12 lol
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    Ya i have allready spent $6 on 2 dyes and $5 on two disposable pans. Tomorrow i will be reusing one of those pans and buying $3 worth of rit dye. I have gave up on the purple and am just gonna do an all black theme. I only have the chassis and 2 blue rpm arms to do because the rest is allready black. Pretty bumed that i worked all noght tonight on cleaning my 2 trucks and was gonna dye one of them and put the other up for sale on here, but it might be a few more days before you guys see pictures of the truck i have been putting together in secret. Cant wait for the reveal.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    can you post a pic of the blue rpm when your done dying them black? cuz my emaxx is all black except the four upper and lower a arms lol
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    ya i will that will be sometime late tomorrow or wednesday im hoping the blue goes black. i have faith in the rit dye since i have used it on a merv before. i am also thinking about sanding down and painting the drive shaft black. the bodys i have are still new so they wont match my theme but eventually i will get there. right now i am trying to track down some good batteries 2s or 3s for cheap so i can get my truck to the track this weekend hopefully if it is dried up.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

My two favorite brands of lipo are SPC and Venom. I hqve uad one of my Venom 5400 lipos for over three years now and it is still going strong!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I tried using a different brand of dye once too and it didn't take. Rit is the way to go, but the Wal-Marts here sell Rit. I got it in the laundry detergent aisle. On the note of dying RPM stuff, I dyed the gray parts of RPM front and back bumpers black and the chrome parts of the front and back bumpers and the chrome wheels green. The green came out pretty good on the chrome.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Racer
    I was seeing if black would go purple. The dye i got was in the craft aisle where they have all the tye dye stuff and shirt decorations.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    i know exactly how you feel chevy, i wish i would of bought black rpm instead of blue rpm lol
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    I bought the liquid rit dye because i think i can do 2 times more dyeing for only a dollar more. Also i am going to be getting rid if my2nd and 3rd slash 4x4 rtrs. I might dye 2 chassis black tonight. Will post pictures. And will be posting 2 of the 3 on craigslist tomorrow. Pm me if you have any questions about dyeing or my setups
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Racer
    Wow found rit dye at walmart right in the laundry aisle just like someone above said. I dont know why i thought it would be in craft section. Im returning the stuff i bought earlier at micheals because it was double what walmart wanted.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    Glad you found it chevy. Probably the only reason I know that is because I used to work at Wal Mart on the weekends and part of my job was stocking the laundry detergent section
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Racer
    Well thank you. I will post pictures tonight
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Racer

I checked am putting them both back together. Parts came out a little blue but very dark navy blue. I like it. I used the same pan as last night so the purple residue from the pan mixed with the new black rit dye. Now i have 2 more perfectly clean and lubed trucks. Hope it isnt too hard to get them together
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Racer

Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Racer
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, couple of nice trucks you've got there.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Racer
    ya i am cleaning up my third one right now, but when i do i will get a pic of all 3 unless i sell the vxl one before then.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV

RC Qualifier
    hey chevy, i modified a mamba monster max esc mount by just chopping off the legs of the mount and cutting a little off the screws and it held down that esc perfect. all you will need is the stampede 2wd reciever box to mount in the front and that will help keep the truck more level. just suggesting. i can post a pic of the mount if you want.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    ya i have seen them, but i would like to see yours. just post it on here.
    Slash 4x4
    MERV