Thread: New jato 3.3

RC Champion

New jato 3.3

One of my friends has a Jato 3.3 and I was really impressed with the speed...... So I just had to have one for myself.

This is the fastest nitro truck I have ever owned and what a joy to drive....
    Now that it is all broke in I put some Gladiators on the rear for off road use... Just need to locate some wheels and tires for the front.

Also has anyone in Jato land put lights on their Jato? I didn't really want to mount the lights in the body, so does anyone make a light kit of some sort that can be chassis mounted?

Thanks in advance for your input..

this truck
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Hey i have bought LED lights for my jato3.3. They come from ebay and will 100% fit onto the shell of your jato 3.3.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Lights-E-...item2ea7885ee3

Have a look you just have to wire it up to a 9v battery and your done there is 2 red ones and 6 white ones good for night
    driving. You can also buy a switch for it i have messaged the seller numeroouse times confirming if they will fit and yes they
    do they look awsome.

RC Champion
    Thanks for your input... I ordered thoes lights... seems to be a reasonable price, but will use the lights for another task.

In the meantime I installed a set of RPM rear lights and had a baja front bumper light kit that worked very well.
    All the lights are chassis mounted.

I'll post some pic's later.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    Here are a couple of pics of the lights I installed on my Jato.

The front lights / bumper are from an older Losi mini buggy. The bumper with light pods mounted right up to the existing Jato bumper/skid plate.

I used 3mm high intensity 3 volt leds wired in series, no lenses.

The rear light pods are rpm rear tail lights with red lenses and 3mm leds also 3 volt, wired in series, and then paralleled with the front leds for the 6 volt operating voltage from the receiver.

Should have taken pics before driving in the dirt but they do work great!!!

"enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    there is a site somewhere online that makes a triangle metal piece to protect the top plate on the front it strengthens it. if you dont have somthing you will break the top plate. when i had my jatos i broke 3 of them and it is a pain and a 10 dollar piece or somthing can save you all that, but i forget the manufacture