RC Qualifier

Possible broken EZ start?

Hey guys, nice to be back, not sure if anyone here remembers me or if I even remember anyone.

Anyways, my EZ start motor is spinning without the engine turning over and the engine sometimes turns over. I think that its either the OWB or a gear in the EZ start. Just wondering if you guys agree and to see if I should get another EZ start or if I should transfer to pull start.

RC Competitor
    Most likely the OWB. I don't know if there is a way to get it working or if the only option is to replace it. The EZ Start dose not need replaced and i prefer it over the pull start. Just get the OWB working and you should be good to go.

RC Champion
    I would pull the EZ start off and tear it down. Last month I had an EZ start fail on me and when I took it apart, there was a bushing that had lifted and hit the gears, stopping them from spinning. I beat it back down and it worked fine.

Moral of the story, never know how easy a fix it is or can be unless/until you tear into it. May save some time and money too.

RC Qualifier
    Clean the owb with wd-40.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    had this problem with a pull start. sometimes would grab sometimes felt like it was slipping. pulled that little shaft out of the back of the motor (owb??) and scratched it up with some 400 grit where it goes into the chinese handcuff and now it works fine. hope this helps. let me know if i'm offbase here.....

RC Qualifier
    Alright, I'll pull off my EZ start and see what's up. If it's the OWB I'll just replace that, but if its a gear inside it, I'm not sure if I can fix it or if I have to buy a whole new starter.