Hybrid View

RC Champion

Questions before I pull the trigger

Hello all, I've been debating on purchasing this beast, but before I do, I've got a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

1) I've got an iPhone, but it's an iPhone 5 with the new lightening connector, not the 30-pin dock connector. This is a two part question. A) Will this work if I use the 30pin>lightening adaptor apple has available? and B) Since all of apples mobile devices either are or will soon be transitioned to the new lightening connector, does anyone know if Traxxas plans on updating the transmitter anytime in the near future?

2) Once I unlock the 100mph speed, does the phone need to remain docked to the transmitter or is it a one time adjustment thats permanent until I change it back?

3) Anything else you think I should know, please enlighten me.

Thanks!

I read the FAQ and #2 was answered there.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-12-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Racer

RC Champion
    That's what I needed to know. Thanks!

BTW, i DO have an older iPhone 3G, but the thing is slower than molasas. I know it's officially supported, but has anyone used a 3G (or whatever would be the equivilent iPod touch) with the link software, and if so, does it work well enough?

RC Qualifier
    i dont see how that phone is going to stick onto the mounting area right with an adapter connected plus the i5 is longer .Personally though its a cool feature but it isnt like you can read the screen while your driving the car , the telemetry isnt accurate , If I had it todo over again , Id get a nice worthy remote like a Futaba . But then again Id never buy a Xo-1 again after buying 2 of them
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Champion
    Why wouldn't you buy one? Because you already have a couple or was/is there something you don't like about the car?

RC poster
    I too have some funds saved and ready to spend. I like contrast in experiences/looks/size and therefore have the 1/10 Stampede4X4 along with the new Rally 1/10 and just bought the cool 1/10 Summit. Love them and love Traxxas. Drive all on a very large parking lot with good grip and grass/dirt embankments; not so much for the Rally yet.
    Am looking at the 1/16 eRevoVXL or the supercar. Have NOT upgraded components yet on any of my three rides but am looking at new tires/wheels, and PAINTED bodies since I can't paint now. Would love to purchase a glossy Ford Raptor JConcepts body in black as shown on thier website.

Is the XO-1 an exciting driving experience in a large 1/5 square parkeing lot? I don't own a lcg Slash Ultimate and "it comes pertty!!" so I am thinking it instead of the XO-1.
    OK....Slash Ultimate LCG or XO-1 or 1/16 eRevoVXL plus upgrade parts.
    Will buy this week!!!! If someone gives reasonable explanations?
    I really want to improve the 1/10 Rally with speed and cornering. Am running 3S, 5800 liPOs on it and my Stampede4X4.

Can't get enough and I'm still just driiving alone.....