Threaded View

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

My 10x10 E-Maxx with x4 steering

Hey Guys,

I've been working on this project for some time now, knowing it will take some time to complete, like all my other projects, but I thought I would share it with you guys anyways...

So, as the title says, I'm building a 10x10 brushless E-Maxx with steering on the 4 front wheels...

The lower chassis is going to be made from a long 4mm aluminum sheet... Total lenght 47 inches...

Is curently at the CNC shop and hopefully will be ready this week... As you can see it has the space for 5 bulkheads which I got from New Era Models and modified 3 to accept a chassis on both sides...

About the differentials, I needed five, 2 stock and 3 custom, so, I got 3 custom made alumium dual diff cases...

They came from France (not cheap) made by a forum member, but I haven't heard from him in a long time now... And, this is how it looks assembled...

My idea is to use a cheap brushless combo as I'm not going to run this truck more than a few times and I didn't want to use a Titan 775 on it... I will use four 2070 servos and with a little luck it will be finished soon...

I have all the parts ready to assemble it, but before that I need to send the 5 upper chassis to the CNC shop, but before doing that, I need to assemble the bulkheads on the chassis and meassure the exact length for each of them...

About chassis braces, I drew the holes for them on the lower and upper chassis but I won't make them, at least for now, I'll see how it handles and how much the hole truck flexes without them... Probably I will end up making them, but that's the last step...

Well, nothing else from now, crazy project right? I haven't seen a 10x10 E-Maxx before with this length and hopefuly will be fun to watch and run... I'm very curious about the turning radius without rear steering...

Hope you like the idea, subscribe and enjoy it!

Last edited by carraig042; 09-24-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.