RC Qualifier

Castle Creations Link USB Programming Kit For MM or Field Link Program Card

Has anyone had any experience with both of these?
    1. I want to know what the difference is between them. On the Iphone App with telemetry I just tried the other night I can change steering trim, Throttle trim, brake power, reverse, etc... It looks like the only difference between that and the Castle link card is on the castle link you can adjust drag brake which I don't even know what that actually is totally and also punch control.

2. I also want to know what the difference is between the CC USB link program kit and the field link kit. and the field card says it is for V1 and V2. Is V2 the MM2 (waterproof model)?

3. I am also wondering where does the little chip plug into once you have programmed it... or where the prong on the field link card plug into (I am guessing the field link card plugs into the same spot as the little chip for the USB program.

And here is a really stupid random question I have been wondering. Why when people abbreviate Mamba 2 do they say MMM2? Wouldn't it be MM2?

RC Qualifier
    ok so I own the USB LINK and when I upgraded my emaxx with the mamba monster 2 (MM2) there was a small piece of paper that said if I put in the code or something the wonderful people of Castle Creations would send you the programming chip for FREE!! (ussaly like 30 bucks) . (link to the link on CC website).
    Steering trim you should be able to adjust it on ur transmitter. with the link the motor and esc can be re-programmed to suit your power needs.
    The chip plugs into the esc's cable that goes into the receiver and you can either get a 3- way harness so you don't have to unscrew the receiver case. or just unscrew it every time you want to improve it. It will explain every thing in this link HERE
    also check on YouTube for some vids if you still have no clue what im talking about, good luck!

RC Champion
    With the Usb you use the pc, with the filed card like it's name you can use at the field, race track or anyplace you don't need the pc, both plugs at the same spot..receiver wires from the esc. The filed card also can be used as a usb between the esc and the pc, so at the end it is more convenient having it. I use a servo extension that comes out from the receiver box so I don't have to be opening the rx box to set up the esc.
    Last edited by NFS; 10-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.

some helpful info
    AOD's Links EMaxx

Emaxx 101:
    EMAXX FAQ

Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE

Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS

And direct from CastleCreations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

Driver's ED Manual

LED warning light meanings

EMAXX 3906 UPGRADE GUIDE & LOW BUDGET BRUSHLESS OPTIONS
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    This helps.... Thanks everyone

RC Qualifier
    So I am going to buy this filed link card is this the right one? If I don't have the splitter how exactly do I connect this to the receiver? which wire do I unplug and from the receiver and plug this into or don't I unplug anything and just plug this into an open slot?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item1e89c67b93

I also want to buy the splitter so I don't have to undo the receiver box each time is this correct? How do I hook this up exactly?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Castle-C...item4d1e94e2f6
    Last edited by Slapjack; 10-27-2014 at 11:01 AM.

RC Champion
    You don't need the splitter, to use the field card as a usb interface you use the black cord to connect the card where it says usb with the pc, and the esc into the field card, unplug the esc from the receiver and plug it in to the field card where it says ESC.

Now it is more convenient having a servo extension coming out from the receiver that way you don't need to open the receiver box every time you want to make an adjustment. To use the field card in the field without the pc the process is the same, and the esc is powered through the batts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    You don't need the splitter, to use the field card as a usb interface you use the black cord to connect the card where it says usb with the pc, and the esc into the field card, unplug the esc from the receiver and plug it in to the field card where it says ESC.

Now it is more convenient having a servo extension coming out from the receiver that way you don't need to open the receiver box every time you want to make an adjustment. To use the field card in the field without the pc the process is the same, and the esc is powered through the batts.
    You kind of lost me... lol... That is what I am talking about (the extension). Can you send me a link for what I need so I don't need to remove the receiver top each time?

RC Champion

RC Champion
    A video for the visual learner. YouTube can be your friend http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SIlvbCqE_70

RC Qualifier
    That is what I was looking for... Thanks.

RC Competitor
    I'm a bit fuzzy now. Where does this plug in? The esc plugs into channel 2 correct. Assuming this would then plug into channel 2, then where does the esc plug in? I've ordered the card but not the splitter till I see how this works. While I'm at it, what is the single plug on the receiver for? The one out by itself above the link button. Telemetry expander box maybe?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dski View Post
    I'm a bit fuzzy now. Where does this plug in? The esc plugs into channel 2 correct. Assuming this would then plug into channel 2, then where does the esc plug in? I've ordered the card but not the splitter till I see how this works. While I'm at it, what is the single plug on the receiver for? The one out by itself above the link button. Telemetry expander box maybe?
    you pull the ESC wire out of channel 2, and then plug the chip into the end of the ESC wire. The chip doesn't plug into the receiver at all. The receiver wont be connected when you edit the ESC.
    The extension plugs into CH2 on the receiver, so you don't have to unscrew the receiver box to get to the end of the ESC wire.
    Yes the extra port is for the expander unit.
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dski View Post
    The servo extension wire is all you need, forget the Y harness, the end plug of the esc stays outside so incase you need to change the setting you can easily disconnect it from there.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Racer
    With extension wire plugged in:

With the USB Link connected (no batteries connected:

Same as above. But with the field link and USB connected.

If you used the field link without the USB cable connected. you need the batteries plugged in to edit the ESC.
    My RC Cycle:

RC Competitor
    Sorry peeps. Musta been more tired than I thought. Woke up this am and realized what a stupid q that was.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ausprime View Post
    With extension wire plugged in:

With the USB Link connected (no batteries connected:

Same as above. But with the field link and USB connected.

If you used the field link without the USB cable connected. you need the batteries plugged in to edit the ESC.
    Pics really help. So the extension plugs into where the esc was in receiver and then the esc plugs into other end of extension outside the box. Easy enough. Thank you!

RC Champion
    Just ordered mine today. Can't wait to start messing around with the options to make it my own.

RC Champion
    So I finally got a chance to mess around with my field link. I changed two options that were either default or the guy before changed. The breaking strength was set to about 70%. That explains why when I braked it flipped over forwards. I bumped it down to about 30%. I also changed the lip cutoff voltage to 3.5v. It was set at 3.0v. Might try the computer today if I get time but as of right now I am liking the settings.

Is 3.5v too high?

RC Champion
    I run 30% brakes, also reverse is turned down a bit, 3.4v on lvc, and added some punch control to reduce stress on driveline.

RC Racer
    If you want to lower the power of 6s but want it to be faster the 4s, I changed the torque control to 4.1
    This is a copy of my settings from a while ago:
    My RC Cycle:

RC Champion
    See I need to add some punch control to mine because I am about to go thru my second set of stock axles in the rear.

I'll keep that in mind ausprime if I ever decide to run anything other than 4s.