RC Qualifier

Had this for a couple of months

I've had my Merv for a couple of months. Just this week getting around to running it. Running 2 cells for now and the diffs a holding up. I have another roller for donor parts. Ideas are running wildly in my head for upgrades. So far all I have is a Tbone full skid. That's it and I'm enjoying the heck out of the little guy. Only problem so far are body pins coming out doing flips. Any suggestions. Below are a couple of photos after bashing with 2 packs this morning.

Sent from my iPhone 4s 32g using Tapatalk
    SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

I dont even use body clips on my MERV anymore. Try velcro strips on the battery doors and body. I cut the front posts off and just use the round part with a tiny bit of Shoe Goo as a pad for the body to rest on and leave the rear posts to help locate the body but I dont put clips in them and the velcro keeps the body on.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a plan. I've seen people use Velcro but didn't know how we'll it worked. If you say it works then I know it will.

SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Watch the landings doing flips. Sure way to strip a diff. I would probably check for pinion play and if there is some do some shimming

RC Champion
    The velcro on the doors and body works great, I haven't used pins in a few months. If you're going to be doing a lot of flipping just loosen your slipper a little to help absorb some of the shock when the tires hit the ground spinning and you should be fine. I do back flips a lot and haven't stripped a diff yet but they are shimmed and my slipper is a bit on the loose side when I'm doing it.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I found that out the hard way with the slipper and my big Erevo. Clutch to tight and I smoked it the other night.

SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAFAN View Post
    Yeah I found that out the hard way with the slipper and my big Erevo. Clutch to tight and I smoked it the other night.

If you ended up smoking the slipper clutch it was actually too loose.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    Not literally. The screws were digging around the spur gear

SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

RC Champion
    Not literally. The screws were digging around the spur gear

Ahhh, I see.

RC Qualifier
    didnt proline make a bodyclip that looks like a cap?
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure. I think maybe RPM but i dont know if they are big enough
    SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

RC Qualifier
    Thetoyz sells locking body clips, they got the little loop the circles the nub. Pretty sure it's BRP that makes then, I'm on my iPod so no link sry
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    I decided I would mount my Tenbol motor mount with a 3500 Velineon I had laying around. After about 15 minutes of flipping and bashing spur gear is stripped. I had set the mesh correctly. It appears the stock motor mount plate has bent a little causing the Tenbol mount to sit at a slight angle which destroyed the spur gear. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Any more durable or solid motor mount plates?

SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

RC Champion
    That's the exact reason why I didn't go with the Tenbol mount, the stock plate it too thin to support a big block. I've had great luck using the stock brushed MERV mounting plate and mount for quite a while now.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
    That's the exact reason why I didn't go with the Tenbol mount, the stock plate it too thin to support a big block. I've had great luck using the stock brushed MERV mounting plate and mount for quite a while now.
    +1 to this
    I used to use the tenbol up till about 2 weeks ago and it bent my strc motor plate. Took it a while to get a bend in it, but it did bend it. The "brushed" mount is the best big block option, plus it has a gear cover.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like I need to order a couple of parts then. This should make the motor sit lower? Correct?

SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

RC Champion
    Sounds like I need to order a couple of parts then. This should make the motor sit lower? Correct?

No, the brushed mount needs to sit high so that the motor clears everything, it won't sit any higher than it already is though. You can get the whole setup on ebay for a good price, just keep and eye on one of the auctions, I won my last mount setup for $10.50.

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Good deal. Thanks for all the info. Very helpful.

SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

RC Qualifier
    I got all my parts ordered along with a slipstream body. Once again....thanks everyone.
    SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV

RC Qualifier
    My parts came in to add the Mini summit motor mount plus a new body. Here's a pic of my few things plus my donor roller. It has HR knuckles but one of the pillow balls is stripped out so I can't use them. I'll have to order a couple more. Just noticed I have a broke a arm. Thank goodness I have some rpm spares. Here are a couple of pics.

SUMMIT,EREVO
    P4DE,MERV