Tekin RX8/T8 combo

I pulled the trigger and got this as an early Christmas gift from Santa, Ive already got a box full of parts hiding at my desk; I think my wife is onto me now with all these trucks I have.

I am keeping it for something special; I have one more build I want to add to my fleet of trucks. Its a long term project as I will begin my build next year April or so.

This is a very nice looking ESC/Motor combo...Tekin RX8/T8 2000kV

Can anyone running a Tekin RX8 combo in their trucks post up some pics of the motor and ESC mounted...would like to see how you have done yours.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Nice combo. I'm planning on buying the same one next year.

I've seen a few pictures up in the Summit Gallery.
    Last edited by Jimmy1971; 12-10-2012 at 11:55 PM.
    Tekin powered Summit

Cheers mate...I'll have a browse through .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by larsen8 View Post
    That's exactly what I was looking for...I found some scrap aluminium in the workshop I am going to use. That is a similar shape to the EVX2?

Do you have any pics of the way you soldered your wires and did you use any bullets for motor/esc conncection?

Thanks for the link mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Craig,..this is your wife. You're right, I am on to you. If I dont have a diamond watch for Christmas you're in the dog house!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrhammer2u View Post
    Craig,..this is your wife. You're right, I am on to you. If I dont have a diamond watch for Christmas you're in the dog house!!!
    Hahahahaha ...I could't quite get the diamond watch she was wanting as unfortunately I spent my money on truck parts .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Do they make a waterproof ESC with any of their sensored combos ?
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    That's exactly what I was looking for...I found some scrap aluminium in the workshop I am going to use. That is a similar shape to the EVX2?

Do you have any pics of the way you soldered your wires and did you use any bullets for motor/esc conncection?

Thanks for the link mate .
    Yes, the plate has a similar shape to the EVX-2 with a few slight variations, but the mounting holes line up the same. The whole idea of the plate that I made was that it would be a good way of mounting the RX8 but it would also be easily removable to install the EVX-2. Yes, I used bullet connectors between the motor and esc. I believe that I used 3.5mm gold bullet connectors. Here are some pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    Do they make a waterproof ESC with any of their sensored combos ?
    No they don't. But there are ways to waterproof an ESC yourself. But you have to be very careful.

RC Qualifier
    Is the rx8 worth the extra keesh over a mmp ?

RC Qualifier
    Is the rx8 worth the extra keesh over a mmp ?
    I think they are now the same price. But even if there was a $30 difference, yes, I think the Tekin is worth the extra money. Especially for a Summit. You will love the Sensored feature of the Tekin when you take your truck crawling.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds good, is it programmable like the mmp though?

I was thinking a tekin sensored motor and a mmp ESC if that would work good

RC Qualifier
    Sounds good, is it programmable like the mmp though?

I was thinking a tekin sensored motor and a mmp ESC if that would work good
    I think it has similar programming features to the Mamba Monster. Some of the things can be programed on the car, and then I think you can get a program card to do some more in depth programming. But you can change and adjust a lot of things on it. If you want to run the motor sensored, then you have to get an esc that can run a sensored motor. The Mamba Monster ESC cannot run a motor sensored. You could run the Tekin motor with the Mamba Monster ESC but you would have to run it sensorless. There is nowhere to plug the sensor cable into the Mamba Monster ESC. The RX8 is just as good of an ESC as the Mamba Monster.

RC Champion
    Nice buy. Post up how you like the 2000kV. I just mounted mine with industrial velcro. Not going anywhere and easy to remove if needed.

Yes they are programable, more so than the castle products as you can access far more just from the buttons on the ESC that castle requires connecting with a laptop to do. Then there is always the option to connect with Tekin Hotwire and manage the settings from there. Do yourself a favaor and skip the MMP especially in a heavier truck that is going to be using high torque servos. Reason being is the castle ESCs onboard BEC is only good for 3 amps and will brown out or flat out black out on some servos. If you are running a Savox servo you can pretty much count on it. The Tekin RX8 is good for 5amps and exceeds pretty much every servos locked rotor amps. If you notice Castle sells BECs, 10amps and 20amps, Tekin doesnt. If you are running a MMP you will need an external BEC.

RC Qualifier
    I've been talking about the Mamba max pro the whole time

I like the field card feature and its cheaper/smaller maybe too? But alright of its actually worth thextra 30-50 bones, I'm in