Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RC Racer
    I am at the ranch, dont have 3g or 4g lte, just 1x. So i cant download any other vids for the moment. Okay here is where i stand, my lipo's are at like 7.5 volts now finally after over charging them. But i have a new problem. My esc doesnt light up at all now. When i plug in the lipo batteries, the truck runs great, but no esc light: neither red or green. And then when i try and plug in the regular nimh batteries, no esc lights but the head and tail lights come on, but the summit will not go forward nor reverse but has steering capabilities, weird. So is my esc fried?

Was there to much voltage from the lipo batteries (9.3) and could that have fried the esc or maybe just the light in it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    It definitely wasn't too much voltage. 2x 8.4v Nimh will give more voltage than your overcharged lipos.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Racer

RC Racer
    Good news, the esc is finally working great, green light for the lipo's. The batteries are doing awesome. Just for those who want to know, if you overcharge your lipos, expect 8 hours of play time out of them lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Please be very very very careful with them. If you notice any puffing or the pack expanding at all, do not use them!!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    grace, to alight the servo's...all you have to do is disconnect the screw from the bottom of the servo(servo horns), on both sides, you might have to remove the servo guards to get to the screw, remove the servo horns from the gear on the servo so that they are totally disconnected and will not interfere with the servo when you turn it on. when you have them free on both sides. turn the transmitter on and set the steering trim to zero. turn the car on next and let the servo's zero themselves out, now that they are zero'd out. i leave the car on just in case they get spun again somehow. you want the steering arms to be 90 degrees at every angle and the front wheels are straight...just like this picture below...once you have them all lined up to 90 degrees and lined up to the servo gears, snap them both on and see if you can hear them fighting against each other at all. you might get a little tic every now and again when your driving but thats fine. that is how i did all my trucks and its worked great. hope that helps and enjoy your new truck man.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I noticed you used the outside holes on the servo vs the inside holes in the video. whats the difference?