RC Enthusiast

qr-1 dead after 2 minutes

I bought my qr1 and after a 2 minute flight "no crashes" one of the motors give up after contacting traxxas twice its going to be two weeks or more before they even have any parts . Come on traxxas you brag about your support how about having parts for your models in stock before you start selling them

Did you try the procedure described in the video linked below?

http://traxxas.com/support/QR-1-Moto...justment-Video
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Just be a lil more patient bro...I'm waiting for the same thing, before i send mines back to traxxas.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 12-10-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Content

RC Enthusiast
    The motor spins free I just got a new motor in the mail today and now the motor opposite front has done the same thing spins free but will not run unless you flick it with your finger I dont know whats going on ??????

RC Enthusiast
    Talked to traxxas again today about the second motor same as the first about 2 weeks on back order maybe some day I will get to enjoy flying my qr1 I bought a $40 syma quadcopter today flys great and no problems so far ???????

RC Enthusiast
    I am almost certain my motors were hooked up backwards from the factory according to the colors of the wires on the motor The motor traxxas sent me and the ones I found today from a hobby shop are different colors than the ones on my qr1 However I had to reverse the polarity on them to get them to run the right direction but I actually ran 3 packs thru it with no problems so far but I am worried about the other 2 motors

RC Enthusiast
    I removed the rear off the old motors and I am certain they were running backwards against the brushes instead of away from them Im not sure if that matters but seems to me it would