Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Enthusiast
    Mounted a Desert Rat body from a Slash 2wd. Removed the rear body post, turned it around and lowered it all the way. Set the body on using the already drilled holes in the back of the body from the Slash, marked and drilled 2 new holes in the front for the front post. The body lines up decent with the wheel base. Also had a spare 2wd Slash rear bumper, the bolts lined right up with the bolt holes on the back of the Rally. I know it exposes the front bumper and looks a little goofy, but oh well. It kept me in the garage and out of trouble today.

On tour - 2 wheels/2wd/4wd

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    recieved them today.

| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    Got my Jconcepts overtray today
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by badaml View Post
    Got my Jconcepts overtray today
    The downside is it feels really thin and cheap; yes, I know it is just a dust cover, but $26 seems like a LOT to pay. When it eventually needs replacing, I will most likely look for a different option. I have a JC body for my 1/8 buggy, and that has stood up to some serious abuse, as has the JC wing. The overtray does not seem nearly as well made. It is really light though

RC Champion
    Just get a outerwears shroud or dusty motors cover.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Quote Originally Posted by badaml View Post
    The downside is it feels really thin and cheap; yes, I know it is just a dust cover, but $26 seems like a LOT to pay. When it eventually needs replacing, I will most likely look for a different option. I have a JC body for my 1/8 buggy, and that has stood up to some serious abuse, as has the JC wing. The overtray does not seem nearly as well made. It is really light though
    Thanks for the info. Are you using it for dirt or water? Does it work for that purpose?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Installed a Dusty Motors chassis cover and a 4 LED light bar for a 4x4 stampede on the front of the stock rally body. Also removed the Integy 17mm adapters I had on and installed a brand new set of stock rally tires on Proline rims. Looks excellent IMO.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Thanks for the info. Are you using it for dirt or water? Does it work for that purpose?
    Planning on using it for both, but I will run it with the waterproof esc first to see how it does lol. I actually haven't run the Rally yet, first time will be this coming week.

I will let everyone know how the overtray works out.

RC Champion
    Installed Savox 1258tg servo and pulling out Castle 2400/mmp combo and installing Losi 2800 with rebadged MMP esc. I really don't see myself running the rally with 4s. I think the rally will be best suited for a 3s setup.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Installed STRC Gunmetal F/R Shock Towers and Bellcrank Steering. I tried out the upgraded Team Losi shock caps on the Traxxas GTR's no bueno. The thread pattern is different. Not really a loss, i'll slap these on my other Ten-T shocks as upgrades. While I had one of the shocks off the car I test fitted the Ten-T springs and they fit perfect on the GTR's. I almost went with gold springs on the front. I'll think about it another time. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Just installed Revo slipper clutch on my Rally GT8! I used 5352r.

This is what the old one looked like.