Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Waiting for a chassis LOL. I'll probably get mine before you and you ordered it a month ago lol.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    ^^^finally got your chassis and putting it together? red
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    NOOOOOOO!!! I called TRAXXAS, they said, well, we got some in the other day, you should get yours soon......

If I dont see it monday from the LHS, I'm ordering straight from TRAXXAS - GRRRRRRRRR

RC Champion
    Nice, that's a good motor and esc. You see the waterproof Mamba Monster 2 is now out? Same with the waterproof Sidewinder 3 (just like the flux vapor). I am ordering up the Sidewinder 3, and a mamba monster 2. Now the question I have, anyone know of any MMP waterproof in the works? I looked at the site and don't seem to find any info. If they are coming out with them, looks like I will have about 6 mamba max pro's for sale here and replace them all with waterproof versions.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Champion
    Peter, I assume you're not married.....if you are....how have you convinced her to let you spend all your money on RC????

I really need to know the secret! My "Honey hole" has dried up!

i'm married with 2 kids (4yrs & 2yrs) lost our house alittle over a year ago so big bills are out of our shoulders, so i have few $$ to spend and with my overtime from work that helps alot.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I installed the Slash Ultimate GTR shocks & Traxxas aluminum bearing carriers and c-blocks. Fixing to head out and run the Rally, EMBE, and the little guy is going to drive his MERV.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I installed the Slash Ultimate GTR shocks & Traxxas aluminum bearing carriers and c-blocks. Fixing to head out and run the Rally, EMBE, and the little guy is going to drive his MERV.

just how far out the traxxas cvds before it completely comes out, just curious....is that the pro track a-arms you got there? are'nt they extended and how much longer than the stock? sorry for so much Q's

Those are the stock a-arms. I'm fixing to go run the car. When I installed the carriers I pulled the cvd out on the passenger side back and the spline was pretty long. Just figuratively speaking at least " or more. I can get you a hard measurement later if you'd like. If these stock a-arms ever break i'll prolly put RPM on there. I'm thinking these are going to last me a little while. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    just how far out the traxxas cvds before it completely comes out, just curious....is that the pro track a-arms you got there? are'nt they extended and how much longer than the stock? sorry for so much Q's
    The spline is 17mm long. They look to feed right into the thick shaft fully and maybe a couple of mm more inside. So i'd say you probably have at least 10mm to play with and be ok. I'd feel way more comfortable with 5mm though. LOL

Here is a pic of the spline laying on top of the half shaft, close to being where it would insert inside.

Hope this helps ya my friend.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

The spline is 17mm long. They look to feed right into the thick shaft fully and maybe a couple of mm more inside. So i'd say you probably have at least 10mm to play with and be ok. I'd feel way more comfortable with 5mm though. LOL

Here is a pic of the spline laying on top of the half shaft, close to being where it would insert inside.

Hope this helps ya my friend.
    thank you so much DiggerPede, you been a big help. now i know what to get for sure. i already put the XO-1 diffs.

recieved my rc-solutions extended aluminum arms, needs two more.

The little guy and I went out bashing at the school after lunch today. I took the Rally & ERBE for me and him his MERV. About 20 minutes into the run he was WOT and ran smack dab into a hurricane fence post. It split his car in half. He was so upset. I had to calm him down and tell him daddy will get it fixed. About $20 worth of parts and he'll be back on the road again. He needs a New Front Builk & Chassis.

I ran 4 packs through the ERBE and a 3S pack in the Rally. Fun times. Came home cleaned all the cars up put them back in their spots.

I just now located the optional 19t pinion and installed it on the Rally. I thought I had a 20t but cant seem to find it. 19 will do me just fine. LOL This is a bump up from the 17t I had in there. I may also have a 52t & 50t spur, this won't really do much on speed but will give me room for if I bump the pinion more.

I was thinking about possibly bashing the car tomorrow but the weather is supposed to be funky so think they will stay at home where its nice and warm. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I soldered up my Novak HV 7.5 turn 550 motor to use it with an HPI branded mamba max pro and realized I suck at soldering. Regardless I got the job done. Then I realized I have the esc wired for two batteries so ill have to desolder and resolder or hunt for an adapter.

RC Champion
    Just make a jumper plug out of an old battery plug. Wire both tab's together and slid tab's in plug.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Installed the aluminum bearing carrier. Receiver is due tomorrow, then just need to order some lipos and the Rally will get run for the first time

So far it is the aluminum bearing carrier, aluminum shock caps (I have some D8 shocks I may put on) and Traxxas 17mm hub adapters. Castle sct v3 esc and Castle 3800kv motor. Control is from a Futaba 3pks.

I was building a 1/8 track in my backyard, but the surface isn't really cooperating lol. So, I think I am just going to build a multi surface rally course.
    Last edited by badaml; 12-28-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

nice badaml, i also received some parts off the mail today.

RC Qualifier
    nice badaml, i also received some parts off the mail today.
    Nice. I read on a local forum where the rally is quite a competitor for on road. My understanding is the rally was stock except for body and wheels/tires, running on 3s and was very competitive with 1/8 gt on road running 4s.

RC Enthusiast
    Proline shocks, esc fan love this new car and the power slides
    Shocks handle a treat
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Racer
    Got some new street and off road tires, I should have ran it but I am too much of a whimp to go out in 50 degree weather.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Champion
    Installed new spring's, RPM shock guard's, installed new traxxas cvd's, Made plate to hold MMP esc, installed new street tire's and 2400 castle motor. Oh the extended battery box as well. More to come sunday and monday.

RC Champion
    waiting........

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Installed new spring's, RPM shock guard's, installed new traxxas cvd's, Made plate to hold MMP esc, installed new street tire's and 2400 castle motor. Oh the extended battery box as well. More to come sunday and monday.
    now were talking turkey!!!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Enthusiast
    aluminum bearing adapter for the slipper the plastic one was melted like a pancake looked like a washer where it meets the bearing, and yes i changed out bearing. RPM body savers to front. also got some street fighter tires as the OME one are about gone. Looked for a Ford focus body but will have to order from the states
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Champion
    The Turkey has arrived. Now I still have a few surprise's and other part's to add but I figured What the heck, show it off.

I still need to wait and see how the spring's settle as it sit's really high. I run it a few time's and see if it soften's up a bit. Dampening feel's real good F/R. I do need tp cut just a few MM's from the front of the rear wheel well and a tiny bit off the rear of the front wheel well.

Setup.

Castle 2400/mmp
    Revo spec slipper
    18/52 gearing
    Traxxas cvd's
    SupraSale's Street slick's
    Gravedigger spring's
    green wheel nut's
    battery expansion kit
    RPM led light pod
    Traxxs aluminium bearing adapter with Boca yellow ceramic bearing
    a few more item's will be added when they arrive. And the wire's will be cleaned up. Let me know what you'll think.

http://s509.photobucket.com/albums/s...view=slideshow

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Installed the following:
    -TRX aluminum castors
    -TRX aluminum front carriers
    -TRX aluminum rear carriers
    -Big bores
    -Centre diff (filled with ofna diff lock fluid)
    -Sway bars
    -Integy 17mm adatpers
    -GRP Belted radials

Im placing my order for a "dusty motors" chassis cover. If you guys havent seen these, they are like the outerwears but BETTER. They actually HAVE the cut out for the nerf bars pre-sewn into them AND they include a zipper the whole way along the top so you can leave the cover on while changing packs and turning the car on/off. Theyre about $35 shipped... ive got one coming for the rally (slash 4X4) and my ERBE.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I have heard of them, but did not know they had one out for the rally yet. Interesting.....

RC Enthusiast
    Pave the dusty motors looks good order one as well
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

recieved my rally chassis and tall battery hold down. chassis is for my spare or maybe build another rally stock spec.... i dont know yet hahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I have heard of them, but did not know they had one out for the rally yet. Interesting.....
    Here are a couple pics of the 'Dusty Motors Shroud' on my Slash 4x4. It does come with a zipper top, elastic for the front and rear openings, & a couple cuts where it velcro's to the chassis. I'll slap it on my Rally this evening and see if it fits any better than the Outerwears. I think I tested it already but can't remember LOL. It's a nice shroud but not sure its as durable as the Outerwears. Time will tell. On another note I do have the DM shroud on the MERV and it has done a fantastic job as that is the onlly solution for it.

Here are the pics.....

....Hope this helps with anyone that is curious.....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Got tired of waiting so I dismantled what I had built and started to set up my Stampede build on the slash chassis. Called TRAXXAS this morning and found all the parts and chassis instock and order through them direct.

SOOOOO, now that I have my chassis on the way....again....I guess I'll have to go back to that project.

I'm so confused right now

"Red"

RC Champion
    recieved my rally chassis and tall battery hold down. chassis is for my spare or maybe build another rally stock spec.... i dont know yet hahaha..
    where did you get your chassis? how long did you wait until you recieved it?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    i'm always on ebay and just happen that the seller might have posted it new and so i went and bought it right away, that was sunday 1/06.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    ooppsss double post....

RC Enthusiast
    Got my birthday present last week,. Added big bores, vlx system, and spec lipo all off my flm pede. Sorry pede. Added some anaconads off my rusty and I'm almost ready to test it out once it stops raining.

RC Qualifier
    JConcepts over tray ordered
    Jconcepts Rulux wheels with Proline Knuckles installed

It's a nice shroud but not sure its as durable as the Outerwears. Time will tell.
    Here are the pics.....
    It looks like you're in stealth mode there. That would be fun to use at the track for all the guys who like to spy.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

its late and i just order the tekno cvd's set F/R. could'nt sleep thinking about it LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    It looks like you're in stealth mode there. That would be fun to use at the track for all the guys who like to spy.
    Haha....Now that you said that it does doesnt it?! LOL When I take my RC's to the track they always want to look under the hood.....I tell them its 'The Wraith'.

its late and i just order the tekno cvd's set F/R. could'nt sleep thinking about it LOL.
    Nice, very nice!! I run Tekno, MIP, & Traxxas CVD. I like the Tekno by far the best. Especially their oversized bearing in the rear carriers.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore