RC Champion

Lunsford link length suggestions - Protrac replacements

So my pede's in pieces once again. Time for a cleaning and some parts replacing.

I really want to ditch my protrac steering links, they're weak and just flat out ugly. I am under the impression that they are 70mm long and the ends are 4mm in diameter.

So here's my questions:

1. If I were to continue using traxxas rod ends, does that mean that I have to get the 4mm lunsford links?
    2. Opinion, if you had your front wheels pointing outwards with your steering links adjusted like in the photos below, would you buy slightly longer links, and if so, how much more - 5mm or 10mm (75mm vs 80mm)?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Good question, i would like to know as well

Thomas
    P2de ~ Ultimate Slash 4x4 ~ Bandit

RC Qualifier
    Grab some RPM ends-->they are longer than the Traxxas ends and they leave less thread exposed. I run with Lunsford 50x4 camber and 60x4 steering. I wouldn't go any longer than a 65x4
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash

RC Champion
    If you want to reuse what you have then you will want the same diameter threads on the new links. If you are going to get new ones then you could run something smaller.

As to the links the Pro-Line steering links are 70mm x 4mm and the camber links are 50mm x 4mm. Due to the price of Lunsford links I highly suggest hitting up the hardware store and getting some threaded rod. Use some old ends and figure out what size you want. Start long and cut it down until your satisfied with it. Measure the final product and order your links based on that. The expensive hobby branded stuff is only 3-4 dollars so it shouldn't cost much to do. Definitely cheaper than purchasing the wrong links or ones your unhappy with.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Qualifier
    ReaperGN is correct!! Sorry my mistake, 70x4 steering
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash