RC Qualifier

Question any tips for shimming and or parts to loctite ?

The most important and cheapest parts came in the mail today, 6mm and 8mm shims.

I'm going to get to it later, shimming the ring and pinion gears, opening up every single bearing and filling with marine grease, and finally loctiting certain grub screws and such which I need help with.

Any tips or advice is appreciated, thanks.. won't be getting around to it for another 4 or 5 hours
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

Post #20 is from my eSlayer build...I go through diff shimming there in some detail. It will give you an idea on how to shim your diff. The principal is still the same for the Summit diff.

As for loctite...make sure the pinion gear has some; other than that you will see as you reassemble your truck what you think needs loctite.

Your drive shafts will need some too.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Pinion gear like mentioned above.

Also the long half shaft set screws and wheel nuts. They come with loctite from the factory, you should only need to reapply if you disassemble.

I put a single drop on my wheel hubs every time I take my wheels off, it doesn't take much.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    Nice I thought nobody was going to answer, I ended up watching Ted lastnight instead (lol decent movie) but now that I've got the basics, the only hard part should be keeping track of all the screws.. an rc magnet mat, forgot to get one and im broke lol

How long is this going to take to basically unscrew 70-80% of all the screws, fiddle around for a good hour I believe and then put it all back?

I have a black and decker electric screwdriver but I don't have a 3mm hex for it, is there anything other than the motor mount that needs the 3mm?

RC Qualifier
    The motor mount is the only 3mm that comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    Should be a breeze then, thanks

RC Qualifier
    So I have a few hours and I'm going to finally get this stuff done, Irish coffe and electric driver ready

Just noticed a gap and an opening ( front and back), I know it's because of the servos, just wondering if the gaps become a problem or what?

Here's the front, and the back has an opening in the ceiling of the bulkhead rather than a gap between the a-arm and bulk.

RC Qualifier
    Updates: this was almost unnecessary, trial and error, there's hardly room for 0.1mm shims lol

Pain in the buttocks