RC poster

Tips for electric conversion with Hot Racing

Does anyone have a picture with the electric conversion with Hot Racing TRX Class Electric power conversion

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...C2000T01;c=180

Any tips is helpful.

I've mentioned in other posts...why use this conversion which utilizes a nitro clutch? An electric motor does not need to stay moving when the truck is stopped so the incorporation of a clutch is pointless. Find a proper electric motor mount where there is a direct connection of the motor pinion and spur gear.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    i also noticed Kershaw has a motor mount where you would jest need to dill holes into the chassis and screw it on, i have the feeling that would be better(and cheaper). In my ejato i was going to use the mount that everyone uses but i found a roller on ebay that worked better. Aslo there was a guy on here recently who bought an e jato roller then converted it back into nitro so you might want to ask him if you could buy that mount as it would be the cheapest probably.
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    how2rc.com build just any type of nitro to electric conversion.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC poster

This is just a test. Comments are welcome. I do not know how to get rid braking, whether through the electric motor or through Servo and brake disc.
    And one thing I'm interested, whether to leave the two-speed or make one.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You don't need the braking servo, or the linkage, the motor will do the braking. You need to lock the tranny on second speed, I did the single conversion gears but didn't worked as expected, the speed wasn't impressive, much better on second gear. The motor mount looks good, but I would try lowering it, to get a Lower center of gravity.

RC poster
    What the best ratio spur gear : pinion gear?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It depends on what motor-Esc and batts you plan to run and how fast you want to go. I ran velineon 3500 and castle 3800.4 pole with a Mmp Esc on 3s, with 32p gears found the best gearing for speed and cool temps 15-17 pinion with 54 spur.

RC Racer
    Anything new? I like to try this but don't knw how to lock 2nd gear, I've seen videos where They jb weld it, don't wana do that,