Thread: need help

RC Competitor

need help

I saw somewhere a guy had a post all about tuning and how to do it right. If anyone knows what im talkin about please point me in the right direction. Or maybe you can just help me. My problem is that i cant get it to idle at all, not even with the wheels off the ground. It wont really run at all unless my finger is on the throttle. The power band feels like it comes on really late and then once it gets to higher rpm where it should be screaming it just bogs. No matter how fast im going if i pin it it dies. If i let off the throttle, it dies! Please help! im so frustrated with it at this point im about to give it away and go back to my electric slash.
    Last edited by parkly761; 12-09-2012 at 01:38 AM.

RC Competitor
    on the first forum page, scroll down till you see traxxas engines...the top thread in that forum is about tuning your engine. should help you reset your gap to get your idle better. I had the same problem, and from what I understand, there is a 3rd screw, that adjusts the idle directly. When too low, your vehicle will die without the throttle slide partially open.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Competitor
    also, how old is your engine? a worn out engine may not properly hold an idle
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Competitor
    Not sure how old it is I bought it used

RC Competitor
    To me it sounds like your idle is set to low (idle adjust screw) and you high side needle is too lean. I agree with what was posted by madjoker911, go back to original, out of box, settings and retune motor from there.

Bill

To me it sounds like your idle is set to low (idle adjust screw) and you high side needle is too lean. I agree with what was posted by madjoker911, go back to original, out of box, settings and re tune motor from there.
    +1, try resetting the carb, and re tune it following the tunning guide in the maunel. Good luck.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde