Thread: new 3903 owner

RC Enthusiast

new 3903 owner

just got a new 3903 from lhs. first r/c iv'e ever owned. tested it in snow today and its pretty awsome other than getting stuck here and there. any future upgrades you guys recommend?

Last edited by mbutac1230; 12-10-2012 at 01:03 AM.

RC Qualifier
    since i got here first, i will tell you this, everyone is going to say put rpm all the way around, i did that on my emaxx brushless and haven't broken a thing, but listen to this, i bought a erevo brushless and everything on that thing is bone stock a arms and everything and i still havent broken anything on it, leave it stock until you break something THEN see if you can get the rpm one to replace it, complete waste of money changing to rpm before i broke anything.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    i would lower the body change the shock oil to 45 wt ,i dont know if it has lvd but i would go lipo but welcome to family and nice truck

RC Champion
    Good winter truck. Fun in the snow. I've had mine for a year. And i just broke my second rear shock tower. I do stay brushed in winter. Then a brushless combo for summer.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Enthusiast
    got a new body for the maxx

before and after

RC Champion
    RPM is totally worth it, the E-revo has stronger parts and will not break in a crash that would devistate a MAXX (sad but generally true). RPM is totally worth the money, at least A-Arms. Their towers and Carriers flex to much, but A-Arms, skid plates, and rod ends are totoally worth the money at any time. And if you replace it before it breaks, you dont have to sepend time waiting to repair a broken truck
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    since i got here first, i will tell you this, everyone is going to say put rpm all the way around, i did that on my emaxx brushless and haven't broken a thing, but listen to this, i bought a erevo brushless and everything on that thing is bone stock a arms and everything and i still havent broken anything on it, leave it stock until you break something THEN see if you can get the rpm one to replace it, complete waste of money changing to rpm before i broke anything.
    thanks for the info. i was already concidering putting RPM parts on it but like you said i think i'll wait till something breaks

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    i would lower the body change the shock oil to 45 wt ,i dont know if it has lvd but i would go lipo but welcome to family and nice truck
    thanks for the welcome. it does have the lvd ESC but im waiting for a pair of batteries that are out of stock.i haven't gotten far enough to start taking the shocks apart yet but i'll eventually get there. would it be better to just get some aftermarket shocks instead? and for the body i like the look of the truck being high. just a personal preference.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    Good winter truck. Fun in the snow. I've had mine for a year. And i just broke my second rear shock tower. I do stay brushed in winter. Then a brushless combo for summer.
    it felt like i was a kid again playing with this thing in the snow. i like it a lot. very happy with my purchase. the only thing that i broke so far was the stock front skid plate. i rammed it into a curb thinking the truck would clear it. as soon as these motors go i was thinking of going for the dual or single kershaw designs 700-HO motors with the stock ESC for winter. still undecided on dual or single though. any input? and for summer i was thinking of going with the castle creations 2200kv motor combo.
    Last edited by mbutac1230; 12-22-2012 at 11:17 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    RPM is totally worth it, the E-revo has stronger parts and will not break in a crash that would devistate a MAXX (sad but generally true). RPM is totally worth the money, at least A-Arms. Their towers and Carriers flex to much, but A-Arms, skid plates, and rod ends are totoally worth the money at any time. And if you replace it before it breaks, you dont have to sepend time waiting to repair a broken truck
    i've heard a lot of good things about RPM. one of the next things i was looking at was the RPM towers and longer body mounts. as stated earlier in the thread i personally like the look of the truck being high. and i'm definately getting their a-arms. heard nothing but good news about those.

RC Enthusiast
    got some new stuff to go on the maxx. kinda self guessing my choice on the blue shock towers though. i think i shouldve went with black instead.

rpm rear bumper
    rpm shock tower (front and rear)
    rpm long body mounts

Last edited by mbutac1230; 12-26-2012 at 07:10 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Need some advice guys. Just ordered some 6500mah 50c 2s lipos (first set of lipos). I have a onxy 245 charger that charges at 0.8A, 1.5A, 3A, & 5A. Which amp rate would be best for charging these batteries. And also any advice on being on the safe side of handling lipos?

RC Enthusiast
    Got my first set of lipos 3/13. Ordered them 12/30/12. Got them pretty darn quick even with the new years holiday in the way. Anyways... to answer my own question... I did some research and figured that I had to max out my charger at 5a for these batteries. I tried them out in the snow and all I can say is WOWW!!!! What a difference. Im gonna be investing in a lipo bag real soon just to be on the safe side. After that I'll be looking to get into a brushless setup. Im thinking of going with the CC MM2200Kv package. Bad idea or good idea?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mbutac1230 View Post
    Got my first set of lipos 3/13. Ordered them 12/30/12. Got them pretty darn quick even with the new years holiday in the way. Anyways... to answer my own question... I did some research and figured that I had to max out my charger at 5a for these batteries. I tried them out in the snow and all I can say is WOWW!!!! What a difference. Im gonna be investing in a lipo bag real soon just to be on the safe side. After that I'll be looking to get into a brushless setup. Im thinking of going with the CC MM2200Kv package. Bad idea or good idea?
    mmm/2200kv combo will be the ticket for your desire. im thinking the new waterproof version should be out soon.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    6500mah is huge. Whats your runtime.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    mmm/2200kv combo will be the ticket for your desire. im thinking the new waterproof version should be out soon.
    i'll be purchasing the mmm/2200kv combo when im ready. judging by the videos i've seen on 4s packs i think i'll be emore then happy with it. i was looking at Castle's website maybe about 2 weeks ago and the Mamba Monster 2 were already available. I'll be bashing my truck more on the sand then anything else so i don't think i'll be going with the MM2.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    6500mah is huge. Whats your runtime.
    on the stock twin 550's running full throttle majority of the time in snow i get beween 20-30 minutes. just a rough estimate. i didn't really time myself. i've only gone through 2 cycles so far and i'm loving these batteries a lot.

If you plan to not use it in wet conditions then the MMM1 would good and it would be cheaper too if you can look around for it on eBay.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    If you plan to not use it in wet conditions then the MMM1 would good and it would be cheaper too if you can look around for it on eBay.
    i think that's the plan right now. im just gonna go with the MMM1. besides i have the twin titan 550's for wet conditions.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a little update with whats going on with my truck. got a couple of new things.

and best of all MAMBA MONSTER 2

let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by mbutac1230; 02-08-2013 at 09:55 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice choice on the paddles, what offset are those rims? I have paddles on my 5s maxx and it tears up the beach.
    I think i ran over the neighbor....

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlurMaxx View Post
    Nice choice on the paddles, what offset are those rims? I have paddles on my 5s maxx and it tears up the beach.
    The offset is about an inch. Im only running 4s on my setup and playing in snow. I like the way the paddles work in the snow. Its pretty awsome.